Wanna Talk B.S. Lead Co.?

ins.dave

Guru
1000 Post Club
Check out this lil exchange from last week?
------------------------------------------

Gottcha, sorry it did not pan our better. Please bring your account current and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Doug
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Doug Wancura'
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 2:39 PM
Subject: RE: InsureLeads.com

Here is my take on you guys.
You do not filter for pre ex what so ever.
At $3 per lead, I'm not sure that is a bad thing.
Can't prove it, but if you do, then you put them in at will anyway.

What I cannot abide by is being played for a fool.
No way on earth, 11 out of 19 obese people RANDOMLY inquired last Sunday.
What I believe went down was someone in your organization, looked at the first 100 leads that we purchased and thought to themselves that we had received more than our share of B.M.I compatible leads thus far and therefore ... "let's sell him some definitive garbage."

Total of 116 leads so far.
22 non B.M.I. compatible

11 of those came in the last 19 leads ...
Apparently, Sunday is take out the trash day in Arizona?

Up until that point I was rolling with the program.

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 3:57 PM
To:
Ins.dave
Subject: InsureLeads.com

Ins.dave,

Please let me know if you will want any more leads for next week.

Thanks,

Doug Wancura
www.InsureLeads.com
(800) 641-2149

* Nothing spreads like good news ...

A name from the past . . .

Doug was with a firm called Tiger Leads maybe 5 years ago. Left, started his own lead biz. Now with InsureLeads.

A name from the past . . .

Doug was with a firm called Tiger Leads maybe 5 years ago. Left, started his own lead biz. Now with InsureLeads.

Oooooo.K.,
These guys man ... they were cheap ... so I gave them a go ..., had 3 inquires so far, sold one. Had one women email me and tell me she went with United "direct." Almost as if she was seeking my approval for doing so? Otherwise, why didn't she merely tell me to get lost?
Politely of course, she did not receive my endorsement of her action. First year will pay 950. So, in time will more than likely recoup the 346 ... actually, 452 dollar investment (with follow up), plus processing time ... maybe more of a return down road.
That level of "whatever" I never experienced with P. Zone or Leads Clearance for that matter.
If the price is right on the leads, they are filtered to the right degree, etc. and of course "worked" correctly, money will be made there. We have to get to where we blow off the inevitable 15% BMI issue and the gimp who only reveals his issue over the phone if ever. I'd rather take the leads at $3 in quantity instead of spending time chasing P. Zone for creds. on 7 - $10 dollar leads. Such a waste of time. You hate it ... they hate it.
Internet leads can never be an exact science? "Some" folks are not going to "fess up" until we "warm them up" a bit over the phone. And some, out of embarassment sometimes will never talk about ALL their issues. I know you and anyone here that is experienced has experienced that.
They are not the biggest kids on the block because no one makes money using them? It's volume bro.

Tell me this is a thread complaining about $3 leads ?

***sigh***

You don't have anything to sell obeses? 6 or 12 month short terms do the trick.

Maybe discount gym memberships? Lol.

There are no shortage of obese leads. Sell them something.

Tell me this is a thread complaining about $3 leads ?

***sigh***

You don't have anything to sell obeses? 6 or 12 month short terms do the trick.

Excuse me, but even an STM, which is never favourable, has it's limitations. Last lead we received on the aforementioned Sunday. He 6' - 310 lbs. She 5'7" - 248 lbs.
Is this where you tell me that it is a good lead because at least she is 2 lbs shy of the automatic decline on an STM for B.M.I?
And of course it is highly improbable that with such B.M.I that either could have any adverse health side effects?
Forgot to mention earlier, had one guy on the horn filling out an HPA hyperlink. He a 6' 250 lb. smoking douche with B. pressure and chol.
Right down to the c. card info... "Ah, I 'll have to wait till next week ... I ah ... I don't have $223 in the bank right now...
Any more than 15% B.M.I and the leads are being black cherry picked by the leads company. There. You learned something. Thank's for the "witty" input. Nephew please.

quote]
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Slow down.

You weren't buying uninsurable leads and you received them. I follow you. No argument.

I am just saying if you have them on the phone anyhow maybe snag some STM. My first choice? Of course not

btw I don't have a single STM to my knowledge that asks height , weight, or smoking. Granted they ask other conditions that often go with height and weight ( diabetes, hbp, chol, etc)

STM going to a year now with many companies buys people time. Time to get a job. Time to lose weight. Time for Obama.

Disregard last one.

Slow down.

You weren't buying uninsurable leads and you received them. I follow you. No argument.

I am just saying if you have them on the phone anyhow maybe snag some STM. My first choice? Of course not

btw I don't have a single STM to my knowledge that asks height , weight, or smoking. Granted they ask other conditions that often go with height and weight ( diabetes, hbp, chol, etc)

STM going to a year now with many companies buys people time. Time to get a job. Time to lose weight. Time for Obama.

Disregard last one.

Fair enough.
Maybe I went for the jugular a trifle premature on that one. I've had good results with the H.P.A. STM.
Wrote the book on "tactfully" suggesting that an STM would help them avoid that "big hit" while they work toward being more u/w favorable ...
I don't think it states it on the app (someone let me know if I'm off on that?) but I know that the "cut off" for a man is 300 lbs. and for a women it is 250. I've used the heck out of em.
Mostly, the u/w pecking order goes - all companies, then Aetna, then STM ... in my experience.

I'll say it again a different way. What pissed me off with this guy was the way he tried to play me.
116 leads. The first 100 came in and yep, there was a reasonable amount of BMI issue. And yes, some, over the phone: diabetics (3)heart attack, etc. At 3 bucks, I'm roll'n with it.
As of Sat.,out of 100 ... 13(non BMI compliant)...
That, in my experience, having purchased over 18,000 leads from 4 different companies is an expected natural ratio of inquiry's to BMI issue inquiry's. People like to eat / drink in this country.
Then, we get to Sun. Affectionately dubbed, Arizona's trash day.
Our ratio goes to 116 - 22. Still not horrible, but ...
Again, 11 of the last 19 were heavy. 6 out of that 11 were completely unwriteable just on the basis of their BMI.
Am I off on this? Maybe last Sunday was Obesity Health Insurance Awareness Day? O.H.I.A.D day? Who knew? Did Barry Backwash and bunch slip in some new late night legistlation? Who can keep up? I never got the memo?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
quote]You don't have HPA Secure STM?

See above rant?

Last edited:
Back