Want Commissions on ACA Sales

urespa

I currently am an assister for the ACA applications. I am also a licensed L/H insurance agent who just learned that I could get a commission on the sales I place with certain health providers. My questions is where and how do I make this happen. The insurance commissioners office sent me a list of several independent brokers but Independence Blue Cross is who I place most of the business with. Should I seek and appointment with them? (IBX).

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks

I currently am an assister for the ACA applications. I am also a licensed L/H insurance agent who just learned that I could get a commission on the sales I place with certain health providers. My questions is where and how do I make this happen. The insurance commissioners office sent me a list of several independent brokers but Independence Blue Cross is who I place most of the business with. Should I seek and appointment with them? (IBX).

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks

How are you acquiring these clients that you are assisting? Under current rules, you probably would not be able to continuing enrolling those people as an independent agent - you can't be in an "assister" role and get paid a sales commission on them.

Agree with above. Law says you cannot be both. You are either a "navigator/assister/whatever you want to call it" or an "agent/broker." Navigators are paid thru govt funding. Agent/brokers are paid by what you can create yourself.

with most companys cutting out comm you might be better off as a nav??????

I have pondered this myself??

Back