Want to become Insurance Agent in Indiana

infebious

Hi Everyone,

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to become an insurance agent in Indiana? What companies to work for, what has worked or failed for you in the past?

Hi Everyone,

Anyone have any good recommendations on how to become an insurance agent in Indiana? What companies to work for, what has worked or failed for you in the past?

There are a lot of us here in Indiana. It's a good place to be. What kind of insurance are you interested in? Life? Health? Property? Do you want to work in a company such as Met Life or New York Life or would you rather be an independent agent?

What general area are you in? We can help you avoid some wrong paths. Give us a little background on yourself.

Age, previous or current employment, do you need to earn quickly or can you build up over a year or two? Are you more comfortable with a direct manager? or not?

What part of the state are you? What type of insurance are you interested in? What have you done previously?

Tell your governor to quit making people sign off on rate ups and waivers for health insurance. Only 50% of my smokers issue because they fail to sign and mail back the rate up for tobacco.

Hi, sorry I've been away for a while and have been reading a lot of the posts here.

Info about me: I am a realtor in Indianapolis, have been since 2005. I rank at the top of my office and I ranked at the top in sales at ADT Security, where I worked before 2005. I enjoy sales and running my own business.

I am wanting to work as an independent producer, my plan is to be able to sell p&c to my real estate clients, past, present, and future. I know I need to get licensed, get E&O, and get appointed. I've read that partnering w/ a local indy agent is a good way to go and I think that would be the best.

If anyone is in the Indianapolis area and has some advice please let me know.

Also, I've contacted several groups recommended in this forum such as InsuranceNoodle - from what I've read and been told by an InsNoodle rep is that I need to be licensed and have 1/1mil E&O policy. So with my license and e&o insurance I could sign up at InsuranceNoodle and be able to sell policies to clients? Or am I missing a step? Any experiences w/ InsNoodle?

Last edited:
Hi, sorry I've been away for a while and have been reading a lot of the posts here.

Info about me: I am a realtor in Indianapolis, have been since 2005. I rank at the top of my office and I ranked at the top in sales at ADT Security, where I worked before 2005. I enjoy sales and running my own business.

I am wanting to work as an independent producer, my plan is to be able to sell p&c to my real estate clients, past, present, and future. I know I need to get licensed, get E&O, and get appointed. I've read that partnering w/ a local indy agent is a good way to go and I think that would be the best.

If anyone is in the Indianapolis area and has some advice please let me know.

Also, I've contacted several groups recommended in this forum such as InsuranceNoodle - from what I've read and been told by an InsNoodle rep is that I need to be licensed and have 1/1mil E&O policy. So with my license and e&o insurance I could sign up at InsuranceNoodle and be able to sell policies to clients? Or am I missing a step? Any experiences w/ InsNoodle?

If you are looking for life insurance or annuities there is a FMO there in Indy I have dealt with in the past. They can help you in Life, LTCI, Disability, Annuities, etc. You may want to talk to them:

MarketShare Financial - Strategic Alliances

Back