Want to Sell Annuties

Lepalms

Expert
Want to Sell Annuities

I am currently in MA market, wanting a change.

I am Health and Life licenced in Texas and Louisiana

Wanting some guidance and input to the Annuity arena.

1. Is the current market situation going to enhance Annuity interest ?

2. Can you enter this market as an independent, or do you have to be sponsored?

3. What are good carriers to consider contracting?

4. What can I expect in terms of commissions, competition in the annuity market as compared to the MA market?

5. I would appreciate any other mentoring or volunteered info that can assist me in my transition.

thanks;)
</IMG>

Last edited:
Re: Want to Sell Annuities

I am currently in MA market, wanting a change.
</IMG>

You and everyone else. ;)

As for selling annuities, the current economy is a mixed bag. There are opportunities for some sales, others are too shell-shocked to move assets and admit they have permanent losses.

Annuity sales boil down to your credibility and the ability to convince someone to put a large amount of money into something they are not familiar with. So, it is a process to gain trust and to educate a potential client on the advantages of the annuity as an investment compared to what they are used to (and used to seeing their gains disappear every seven years or so).

How about hedge fund owners? Putting their last $50k into something that will give them $3,000 a year of income might look pretty good.

Most definatly can you enter the annuity market as an independent...there are many fmos out there that will offer you contracts...its ineresting to note this market is affecting the insurance companies as well..I am getting notices that future policies will be issued with Guaranteed minimums of under 3%...Any one else seeing this?

Hello-

I am from an FMO and you can definitely make a place for yourself in the Annuities world. I specialize in Fixed Annuities.

Here are some tips for you:

1. Get to know the products that are out there. People want to buy from those they feel are experts and someone that there know-like and trust.

2. Do it for the right reasons. All of us are out there to make money but make sure you put the needs of your clients first. In the long run, the client retention and referral rate will be worth it.

3. Remember...all leads stink. Period. It is what you do with them that will make a difference. Referrals are the best leads.

4. Put together a marketing plan for yourself and include social media marketing--getting out there and letting people get to know you will help develop that KLT Factor.

5. Right now fixed annuities are pretty hot but keep up on the market--get a gmail account and Google alerts. That will get you up to the minute info.

I am doing a 5 part series on my blog with tips for selling fixed annuities that may help you (should start this weekend).

Good luck to you!

Chris:1cute:

Latest posts

Back