Want to Sell Book of Business...

IndianaAgent

Expert
I am an independent agent and want to sell a book of business that I have with one company. The book of business is made up entirely of Medicare Advantage plans. It currently generates about $950/mth. Does anyone know of any companies out there that buy renewals? I've been searching online and haven't had any luck. I've been told I can get anywhere from 2 to 3 times the annual renewal amount. Thanks....

Given the "iffy" future of Medicare Advantage in general and the likelihood that people will change their plans within 2 years (my experience), why would you think the renewals would be worth 2-3 times annual?

Why would you sell something generating almost $12K a year in renewals if you didn't think they'd continue.

Something doesn't smell quite right.

Rick

I am an independent agent and want to sell a book of business that I have with one company. The book of business is made up entirely of Medicare Advantage plans. It currently generates about $950/mth. Does anyone know of any companies out there that buy renewals? I've been searching online and haven't had any luck. I've been told I can get anywhere from 2 to 3 times the annual renewal amount. Thanks....

You should sell it to whoever told you that.

Good luck with that. As has already been stated, most people with MA plans rarely stay on the same plan. I wouldn't pay you one year's worth of renewals on MA plans. If they were Med Supps, you could get the 2-3 times figure (assuming they were less than 3 years old), but not with MA plans.

Give TWG Capital a call.

Give TWG Capital a call.

I think I spoke with them years ago when I was going to sell my captive block of med Supp business. I believe they offered me 2.5x the annual renewal. I highly doubt anyone would buy MA's though for the reasons others have stated. It could possibly be a good deal for an agent to buy the block and hope like hell that MA's go down the tubes and write them med supps, not for 2.5 x's though

Back