Want to Sell Final Expense

Lepalms

Expert
Looking to get into Final Expense.

Who are good companies to contract with? Living in New Orleans.

What % contract to expect?

What is average commissions for agent new to FE, given work ethic. just want to know the average.

Should I accept leads or maximize contract and locate own leads?

All comments, suggestions appreciated.:cool:

What is average commissions for agent new to FE, given work ethic. just want to know the average.

Don't give up half of your commissions for free leads. You are better off keeping your 50% and buying your own leads.

Example if they are giving you a 9 to 15 dollar lead, then don't give up more then 9 to 15 worth of commissions. If that makes sense at all.

I see some agents giving up 50 to 100 dollars at least an app for a free 9 to 15 dollar lead. Some how that makes sense to them.

I would give up 5 dollars in commission for a 20 dollar lead. I hope this makes sense.

With this being said, I think you are better off learning to prospect then buying leads, if someone will teach you how to do it.

That is my 2 cent worth.

Seems that you are having a hard time deciding what niche you would like to do. Since you seem to be leaning in the senior market (except asking about healthmarket), I would suggest you stick with Med Supps and FE. They go hand in hand. If you're just selling one, you're walking over $$.
There are a ton of FE and Med Supp companies to choose from, the trick is knowing where to look, but that comes with experience and research. I can see that you may be lacking in the experience department but that's ok, we all had to start "new" at some point. Remember this though, never get licensed with just one company for one product. In other words....there is no one company out there that has the best thing for everybody. Of course there is such a thing as being licenesed with too many companies.
Now, there are quite a few of us on the board that can offer you good companies and good contract levels. You should do your shopping.
What contract should you expect. I would say anywhere between 90% and 115% depending on the carrier and your FMO/MGA.
The average commission is a big range which depends on your contract level and the premium. I'll go out though and say you should average around $400-$600 per FE sale. Renewal should be between 8% and 11% depending once again on your contract.
Lastly...be given leads or maximize contract and buy your own? Depends on you brother. Can you get your own leads? Can you afford them? Are you looking to be totally independent? If the answers are yes, then maximize that contract to the hilt!! Never pay someone to do what you can do for yourself. If you get leads supplied to you, you will pay more in the end.
If you need anything, by all means feel free to contact me at your convenience. I'll be glad to help as do most people on the board.

Seems that you are having a hard time deciding what niche you would like to do. Since you seem to be leaning in the senior market (except asking about healthmarket), I would suggest you stick with Med Supps and FE. They go hand in hand. If you're just selling one, you're walking over $$.
There are a ton of FE and Med Supp companies to choose from, the trick is knowing where to look, but that comes with experience and research. I can see that you may be lacking in the experience department but that's ok, we all had to start "new" at some point. Remember this though, never get licensed with just one company for one product. In other words....there is no one company out there that has the best thing for everybody. Of course there is such a thing as being licenesed with too many companies.
Now, there are quite a few of us on the board that can offer you good companies and good contract levels. You should do your shopping.
What contract should you expect. I would say anywhere between 90% and 115% depending on the carrier and your FMO/MGA.
The average commission is a big range which depends on your contract level and the premium. I'll go out though and say you should average around $400-$600 per FE sale. Renewal should be between 8% and 11% depending once again on your contract.
Lastly...be given leads or maximize contract and buy your own? Depends on you brother. Can you get your own leads? Can you afford them? Are you looking to be totally independent? If the answers are yes, then maximize that contract to the hilt!! Never pay someone to do what you can do for yourself. If you get leads supplied to you, you will pay more in the end.
If you need anything, by all means feel free to contact me at your convenience. I'll be glad to help as do most people on the board.

Great post Todd. I wish someone told me this when I first got started in the business. Maybe you can try to help this guy.

Great post Todd. I wish someone told me this when I first got started in the business. Maybe you can try to help this guy.

Thank you. Yeah, I had to learn it the hard way too. Just hate to see somebody getting taken advantage of if they don't have to. This forum really is a great place to help isn't it?

Go independent, buy your leads, ask for referrals, knock on the house next door and you will do great! You will also be very glad you did in the end.

Leads are not free - just don't pay too much in commission and renewals(year after year) by going the easy route up front. You will be kicking yourself down the road.

I would absolutely do a search on this board for "Hoosier Daddy". Definitely the "guru" of Final Expense here. He has a great opportunity as well. I wish that I would've been in the FE market from my very first day.

Back