Wanting to add FE

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
I have checked in my area and none of the Funeral Homes are offering any sort of FE plans, not do the have any agents that they are referring to.
I would like to add FE to my business but am unsure how to contact the Funeral Homes with some sort of presentation and referral fees for them, etc.
Seems everyone one around here is into the Senior Market and the T-65's. I do not want to fish in a place where there is no room for me. Looking outside the box. What companies would be best suited for this? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked in my area and none of the Funeral Homes are offering any sort of FE plans, not do the have any agents that they are referring to.
I would like to add FE to my business but am unsure how to contact the Funeral Homes with some sort of presentation and referral fees for them, etc.
Seems everyone one around here is into the Senior Market and the T-65's. I do not want to fish in a place where there is no room for me. Looking outside the box. What companies would be best suited for this? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Funeral Homes don't sell FE they sell funeral preplanning. It's a little different. Funeral preplanning is an increasing benefit policy and allows them to give a price guarantee without losing thier ass if the person lives for a long time.

Most funeral homes would require you to work for them as an employee to sell it. Some allow you to do it free lance but you will have to learn how to quote funerals and several legal things. Some states require you to be a funeral director to sell it and others just require a funeral director to sign off on it.

If you are serious about doing it, I would advise tou to go to work in a funeral home as an employee to learn how to do it properly. After you have a couple of years in, you can probably work just about anywhere if you prove that you can increase their business.

You can also call Forethought to inquire if they have funeral homes looking for agents. If you are in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, or Ohio you might want to IM me. I have a lot of contacts in those states with funeral homes.

Back