Warm Calling Script?

farmerslane23

I am writing a script for warm contacts, those who have contacted us previously (past 3 months), and had a quote they declined. Many of our rates have gone down, so we are requoting many of our clients before renewals, and there's been a considerable markdown on their quotes. I am just trying to set appointments, as I haven't gotten my license yet, but I work with three other agents.

I'm having trouble with 2 pieces. First is the introduction, as it seems like it takes up too much time, but I do want to include our previous contact. The second is the second paragraph. It doesn't seem simple enough to me, and I am wondering how to make it simpler.

Hi, this is Lane from X Insurance in (city). We spoke to you a few months ago about a (automobile/home insurance) quote to switch your insurance to X.

We reviewed your previous proposal, and we may be able to give you a better quote or better coverage than your current insurance or the one we previously quoted.

(Voicemail Message)
If you are interested in letting us compete for your business, we can set up an appointment in person at our office or you can call us at Monday through Friday at (number) to get an updated quote in just a few minutes, if that is more convenient.

(In person)
If you are interested in letting us compete for your business, we can set up an appointment at our office, or one of our agents can run a quick quote over the phone either now or at a more convenient time. Which would you prefer?

Your script IS simple... but it just lacks any 'sizzle', excitement, or even familiarity. It's too "tele-markety" (if that's a term).

Also - drop the "interested" line. The only reason to use the word "interested" is when they completed a lead card and you are following up because they were "interested".

"Hi, this is Lane from X Insurance here in (city). You may or may not remember, but a couple of months back, we were doing some quotes for you so we could compete for your insurance business? But according to our records, we haven't succeeded yet.

If I may ask... was there a specific reason at that time why you chose not to buy your coverage from us/switch your coverage to us? (This is an excellent time to get feedback... because not everything could be based on your quotes/prices. Take notes, just in case it's more of a service issue than a price issue.)

The reason for my call, is that it seems in the past couple of weeks, our rates have been adjusted downward! I've been quite surprised actually, but they're real! So, we're taking the opportunity to reach out and re-connect with those we've quoted recently, to see if we could be more competitive and build on the relationship that we've started."

(Voicemail or in-person)
We are committed to competing for your business, so we'd just like to re-connect with you and see, if by chance, we can still be in the running? It would only take a couple of minutes to do a side-by-side comparison to the coverage you currently have.

I'd keep it even more simple.

Hi this is Lane, we talked about saving you some money a while ago on your insurance but we couldn't help you out at the time. Our rates have just gone down considerably and I really think we can save you some money now.

Voicemail: Call me back at 123-4567. I just helped a family in your area save $47 a month and improved their coverage at the same time (or some other reasonable but specific figure. Not everyone is just shopping for price so be sure to check the quality box as well) again, this is Lane and you can reach me at 123-4567.

In person: Do you have some time right now to see if we can help you out? or just do your normal appointment setting script.

I appreciate your advice. I actually rewrote it to something similar to Al's, but I'm going to try that script for the other half I need to do. I also deviated a little on each one, adding bits from the notes in their files, and also telling them to stay safe from the pollen (it's like snow down here!).

I do seem to have a disarming voice. People will stop and listen to me on the phone. It doesn't work quite as well in person. I'm not even sure why.

Hi _____ ... few months ago we quoted your ____ policy, our rates have gone down significantly and its definitely worth re quoting this. Can we set that up? OR "is that possible?"

Drop the pitch, be genuine; your biggest issue here is the time factor. They most likely already trust you as a professional if you quoted them before and did a good job. Make the re quoting process seem as easy as possible - Especially if you have most of the underwriting information already re quoting shouldnt be that time consuming.

You can use the same exact thing in person of voice mail doesnt matter.

This is a good reason to keep info on your prospects. How much have your rates gone down? What were they paying before? What did you quote before?

"We quoted your _ insurance a few months back and we were actually about 5% higher than your current coverage at the time.... Were you ever able to find cheaper coverage?..... Well the reason I asked is because our rates have been cut buy 10-20% and I think we can save you money now.... do you still have the 2005 Camry? ...?...? Yeah I am almost certain we can save you $200 a year. Would you like to save $200? OK well......

Then just go into signing them up.

Of course this is only possible if you keep good records.

This is a good reason to keep info on your prospects. How much have your rates gone down? What were they paying before? What did you quote before?

I am captive, so the company has much of this information automatically in their system. I had their previous quotes in my hand when I called.

The problem is that the auto rate drops still vary widely from person to person, though mainly it's due to their driving records, but auto is where we are seeing the huge drops. Home is pretty stable and much easier to predict the drop in rate, but the drops are much less.

I would say on most of the quotes I've run this week, the drops have been around 15-20%.

I am captive, so the company has much of this information automatically in their system. I had their previous quotes in my hand when I called.

The problem is that the auto rate drops still vary widely from person to person, though mainly it's due to their driving records, but auto is where we are seeing the huge drops. Home is pretty stable and much easier to predict the drop in rate, but the drops are much less.

I would say on most of the quotes I've run this week, the drops have been around 15-20%.

I'm not in P&C, but I can tell you what I'd respond to. Just tell me that there have been some rate drops and because of that you reran their information and found a better rate. If nothing has changed, the same coverage we talked about, will save you $xx.xx. If you're interested, I'll take care of all the paperwork and get you started.

Is it not possible to run quotes on the old info you have?

Is it not possible to run quotes on the old info you have?

No, the auto system doesn't keep their drivers license or that type of info, as it's against the law in this state. They are x'd out to us even if they are current clients. We can't keep it in a file either. It has to be shredded after the quote. So we have to get them to give us the information each time to do the validation.

I finished all the calls, and didn't speak with a single live person. I guess that's just what happens. I am waiting to see if we get any return calls. Overall, I didn't have that many to do, as my coworkers ended up knowing many of the prospects and taking those.

I learned quite a bit, so should be easier the next time.

Back