*WARNING* AETNA IS A JOKE!!! *WARNING*

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have about $500,000 of yearly premium with Aetna and after the “last straw” today I am no longer placing any of my business with them. STOP WRITING BUSINESS WITH AETNA, MOVE YOUR CLIENTS… NOW!!
Here are just a few of the problems I have experienced. Complete breakdown in customer service, I have sent them numerous faxes to Aetna for things like bank draft change forms, appeal underwriting decisions, removing members off a policy, splitting applications up just to name a few and it is COMMON PRACTICE that the faxes get lost or they say they never received them. Billing problems that would make Enron seem efficient, clients receiving bills for four and five thousand dollars of premium due when they have been set up on monthly bank draft, letters threatening to cancel the policy unless payment received and the client was drafted for that month so the were current ( client had to produce bank statements), billing problems that every month I have to call Aetna because client get the same letter every month telling them their policy was canceled due to non payment of premium. Aetna requesting payment on add-on to existing applications, then I have to call and explain to them the story before they will underwrite the add-on. I have never in my 14 years in this business ever experienced such failure. They have absolutely no clue about customer service. I bet we spend hours a day dealing with their problems. Now, it could be said that these problems are acute, nope, I have experienced these difficulties for about 8 months, just now they started becoming magnified. Two weeks ago I received an email from Aetna that their rates were going up 14.5% and then get an email with the new rates at 40% increase, ok they sent new rates out correcting the problem but the rate increase was closer to 16% and in some cases 25%, but the question I have is how did the incorrect rates get out on the street, should not some review have been done ahead of time? And lastly, at the time I was notified of the rate increase I was assured that I would receive notice of which clients were getting the increase the same time my clients would so I could contact the client and assess their needs and keep them on the books. Nope, 16,000 letters went out last week and no notice to the agent, not until a client called me first bitching. When a rate increase happens it is critical for an agent to contact his client otherwise the client will “shop around”, Aetna just opened the door to my clients to shop. When I called my rep with Aetna all she could say was…. I will have to get back to you on that. I HATE LIERS, and in my humble opinion I have been lied to. So again, I advise you STAY AWAY FROM AETNA, they are a joke

come on Chuckles.....when I first talked to ya you were the aetna plan man....and I told you this was going to happen.....but noooooooo.....no one listens to me.........

I'm with you on the lack of "about to lapse" letters. I have no chance to save a deal. I go to my mailbox and every day I get 5 to 15 envelopes stuffed to the gills with Assurant client info. If anyone's about to lapse I get a chance to call. If anyone has cancelled I know about it. Not so with Aetna.

I've also had pay nightmares and customer service nightmares. And they raised the rates in MD 19% and VA 28% while dropping maternity.

They simply have to bring something to the table for me to give up 25% with GR and Assurant get get 15%. Especially when GR and Assurant policies are far better than Aetan's. What they use to bring to the table was decent family rates. Now that's no longer the case so I don't have hardly any use for them.

And I liked your post but paragraphs would help:-)

Peelerinsurance.com said:
The reason for no paragraphs... I was raging mad

guess what....this will make your real mad....your clients are going on line and filling in blanks and I am buying them at $5.50 a pop.....

Not mine. I know when they renew and am calling every one of them to head it off at the pass. So far almost every one of them has cancelled and I've written them elsewhere.

all mine have no where to go but the risk pool.....but charles ...$500,000 av is alot of clients to try to move in a month.....

ouch, guess I'll throw out the paperwork.

I just spent today doing paperwork to get contracted with some different companies. Aetna was at the top of my list for underage policies based on internet research for the El Paso, TX area. There aren't a lot of companies that seem reputable, I had picked Aetna and Blue Cross, but then was hearing stories of Blue Cross being expensive, so.... I chose Aetna. I was going to send in everything tomorrow to get contracted. Sounds like it should all go in the trash. Thanks for the heads up and the saving from future hassles.

Re: ouch, guess I'll throw out the paperwork.

Arno said:
I just spent today doing paperwork to get contracted with some different companies. Aetna was at the top of my list for underage policies based on internet research for the El Paso, TX area. There aren't a lot of companies that seem reputable, I had picked Aetna and Blue Cross, but then was hearing stories of Blue Cross being expensive, so.... I chose Aetna. I was going to send in everything tomorrow to get contracted. Sounds like it should all go in the trash. Thanks for the heads up and the saving from future hassles.

no...not at all....the market is always changing....

Back