Warning SUSPICIOUS Lead Vendor

Does anybody have suggestions of a honorable lead generating vendor that doesn' t take advantage of their customers? I'm guessing that QuotesAuction doesn't care so much about agent's satisfaction because they have their own sales staff for the health leads and they also have direct links to auto insurance company's website so after a lead fills out their Auto insurance information for an agent lead they can click on the link to those companies and get the Auto insurance from them before an agent even attempts to contact them. Basically they are making money from all ends and don't need the revenue from agents.
I used NetQuote and like the fact that they honored my cancellation request immediately and did not make you go through hoops to do so.
I thinking about going back to them after Labor Day but wanted to see if there's any other company that is ethical.

Lead company...ethical...=oxymoron.

Funny you mention NQ. I left them. bashed them. Left them for dead. But...well, I'll fill in some surprising details in a few weeks.

Leadco.bz is an option. I have a pretty good closing ratio with them, although the filters don't catch a lot. InsureMe isn't bad. The client picks what agents they want to contact them. Interesting concept.

It's not the goal of any legitimate lead company to provide junk leads. Companies that have been around for years like NQ, Hometown, Leadco, and InsureMe by default are decent companies. If not they would have lost most of their agents and gone under.

It's mainly unrealistic goals, poor phone skills or no belief in what you do that causes horrible closing ratios.

Frank has said this many times and I agree; a lead is a name and phone numbers. You can be phychologically fooled into thinking that people are requesting quotes online because they want to purchase health insurance. If you believe that you will live a tortured existence. If you can get 20 people to answer the phone out of the white pages you'll sell every bit as much as calling internet leads.

That is neither here nor there. If your mind and comfort level is set that you enjoy calling shared leads because you think the prospect wants to talk to you than it works. Whether or not they want you to call is irrevalent.

I see a lot of you looking in vain for that "great" lead company. All leads a junk - shared, exclusive, telemarketed or if you put up 50 billboards and TV ads. Most people replying will not qualify and be broke. You job is to contact a lot of them and pull out the gems.

Go with a lead company that can provide you with the quantity you need. However, if you think HTQ, NQ or InsureMe has "the better" lead you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
Leadco.bz is an option. I have a pretty good closing ratio with them, although the filters don't catch a lot. InsureMe isn't bad
The sales rep from LEADCO called me this week and I told him I buy over six figures in leads per year and he said - "so you are about our average size customer... " huh... ummm ok if you say so...

He would not show me ANY landing pages where they harvest data - so I found them myself and sure enough just like MOSTCHOICE they pre-pop data to EHEALTH and sell the lead as well - completely UNACCEPTABLE at all levels for multiple reasons:

1. Some people DO buy from EHEALTH - I have the numbers to prove their VERY HIGH volume

2. EHEALTH rates are constantly wrong

3. People who spend time on EHEALTH reference $40 plans when I finally reach them on the phone

The LEADCO sales rep said "Who is EHEALTH?" and... "I think that is one small agent in California..."

Wow talk about needing some training...

and yes ALL LEADS ARE JUNK and filters are a complete waste of money.

"landing pages where they harvest data"

Can you provide some of those? I would like to see them.

Yea...all..well, many leads are junk. But, I make good money on these guys, and at $5 per lead (after returns)...I'll keep them...for a while.

But I am interested in seeing those pages. Not that it will make me happy.

Exactly - as long as the ROI in there and you can keep your sanity you're fine. Dollar cost average the leads at $5 after returns, close 1 out of 20 and a deal costs $100. The return is fantastic. Where agents get destroyed on internet leads is they don't get enough of 'em. Most get 20 a week which is 0 to 1 deal. You'd need 80 leads a week or more to make "great" money just doing shared leads. If you're brand new in the biz, I still say to generate your own leads by some form of cold-calling. Diving into shared leads and competing against senior agents is a mistake.

Back