Warning to California Agents!!

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I want to warn Life agents in Calfornia to go to the insurance dept website and make sure that the address they have is your and has not been changed.

There is a group of CROOKS, that stealing other agents identities and then sending in bogus business to jet issue companies and getting paid and than running off.

Want to guess who the company will come after? YOU!!

So far I know of 12 agents this has happen to in Calf.

The 1st sign is they will change your address with the Ins Dept.

Some how these crooks are stealing agents info and using it to open checking accounts.

I also suggest you check with the insurance dept website and see if there are any companies showing that you are appointed with , that you dont know about.

If this has happen to you, or you know anything about this. Contact the Calf Dept of Insurance asap.

If you are an imo, that has been hit by this bunch of crooks, email me and I will help you.

Last edited:
The 1st sign is they will change your address with the Ins Dept.

Some how these crooks are stealing agents info and using it to open checking accounts.

I also suggest you check with the insurance dept website and see if there are any companies showing that you are appointed with , that you dont know about.

That is GOOD ADVICE to check from time to time, like your credit report, too!

Or put a lock on your credit report. It makes it impossible for anyone to open up anything that requires a credit check - new bank account, new credit cards, etc...

All 12 agents are going to get 1099 for between $50,000 to $150,000 each. They will all have to prove that someone else took their identities and go through tons of crap.

This is the biggest scam, I've ever seen.

I froze my credit ($30) with all three reporting agencies so as no to have to worry about this type of bull

You can lock your credit report but ID Theft isn't just about credit. A person can get a drivers license in another person's name. Maybe steal a ss# and work under that person's number. Get health care or commit crimes and say they are someone else.

It's not just credit. The big thing with ID Theft is fixing it after it happens. The big thing happening today is Child Identity Theft.. Children don't usually find out there's an issue until after age 18..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going into details, but this was way too easy for them and locking your credit would have not stop this.

I'm not going to tell you what they did or how they did it, so that others dont copy them.

But, simply check with the dept of ins website and make sure you address has not changed and is up to date.

The crooks even bought E and O in the agents names...

Latest posts

Back