WAS gonna post in getting started...

Desmond Doss

Super Genius
But very few posts there-dont know if anyone reads it

Have a friend that wants to learn the business and I will mentor them

Seems to me the "exam guides" are a rip off. $100 to $150 to print the same stuff every year?

Ebay has study guides for like $20---but the print dates are 2004-2010

State laws change so little they dont update them? Same stuff over and over?

All we need is to PASS ( C's get degrees mentality) we don't need a 100--just passing grade

And other than CA NY MA etc are state laws/tests pretty close?

THANKS in advance

Sent this to SMS Omaha see what they say

This person has handled Health and Life for 100+ employees for a number of years so it not starting from Ground Nada

But very few posts there-dont know if anyone reads it

Have a friend that wants to learn the business and I will mentor them

Seems to me the "exam guides" are a rip off. $100 to $150 to print the same stuff every year?

Ebay has study guides for like $20---but the print dates are 2004-2010

State laws change so little they dont update them? Same stuff over and over?

All we need is to PASS ( C's get degrees mentality) we don't need a 100--just passing grade

And other than CA NY MA etc are state laws/tests pretty close?

THANKS in advance
Think about this Des...You're going to mentor your friend into an amazing earning opportunity by trying to save $80-$130 by having him study old material from 15 years ago that you buy off of ebay............Hmmmmmmmmm. :wideeyed::twitchy:

Think about this Des...You're going to mentor your friend into an amazing earning opportunity by trying to save $80-$130 by having him study old material from 15 years ago that you buy off of ebay............Hmmmmmmmmm. :wideeyed::twitchy:
And if they end up going over it and saying nah forget it---I like to min. my risks

I dont wanna debate the act--just curious if state laws/exams change much

State Dept of Insurane and NAIC told me to kill myself

And if they end up going over it and saying nah forget it---I like to min. my risks

I dont wanna debate the act--just curious if state laws/exams change much

State Dept of Insurane and NAIC told me to kill myself
You could keep it for your future downline to use. :yes:

But yes, you should be okay with the $20 route idea.

I'm not sure how much things change as far as state laws go, but the best place I've found to purchase study materials to pass the state insurance exam the first time (at an affordable price) is by going to WebCE and clicking on Prepare for your state license exam. I have personally sent many new prospective agents there and they have passed the first time they took the insurance exam. The link above is also a good place to get a discounted price on continuing education courses as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much things change as far as state laws go, but the best place I've found to purchase study materials to pass the state insurance exam the first time (at an affordable price) is by going to WebCE and clicking on Prepare for your state license exam. I have personally sent many new prospective agents there and they have passed the first time they took the insurance exam. The link above is also a good place to get a discounted price on continuing education courses as well.

Hope this helps.
Justin Time LMAO

I knew this Cousin Skip Townes!

And Lance Boyle!

THANK YOU

I would ask for a new mentor. Especially after he's paying to take the test again.

Penny wise, pound foolish

Also.. don't you have a pre-licensing requirement?

I took the test once in SC and once in MI. The pre-licensing requirement was more than enough.

Last edited:
I would ask for a new mentor. Especially after he's paying to take the test again.

Penny wise, pound foolish

Also.. don't you have a pre-licensing requirement?

I took the test once in SC and once in MI. The pre-licensing requirement was more than enough.
I've taken the test in NE, IL and TN. It was so long ago(1985), that I can't remember the details. :wacko:

Back