Washington National and UHL FE

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Submitted my first FE apps to Washington National and United Home Life.

The Washington National plan is very competitive when it comes to rates and they say they issue Table 6 standard. Very simple apps with most things only going back two years. However, cancer is a 5 year look back. They do require drugs taken in the past year be listed on the app. When the POS was done, they asked the client about drugs.. They were taking some drugs for a non-malignant intestinal problem that had require about a foot of the colon to be removed a few months ago. They really drilled down about the who, when, what and where about the surgery and the medications even though they problem did not fall under any of the application questions. They do not give an approval at the end of the POS and I thought this is going to be a problem. However, the plan was issued today with immediate benefit as applied. I contracted with them for their Cancer and CI plans but I will probably use them some for their life plans, especially the FE. :)

On the other hand, the UHL application does not ask about drugs and the POS sticks strictly to repeating the questions on the application. They don't give a decision at the end of the POS either but I thought that since there seemed to be no problems, the app would speed right through underwriting. Today, almost a week later, it still does not show up anywhere on the website so I called them. Yes, it has been received but they have not assigned it a file number yet or sent it to underwriting. I asked if this was the normal process and they said no but they had been receiving a "lot of applications and are running behind." I asked when I could expect it to go to underwriting and they said, "we hope to get it there next week".. I am really not happy about their service and absent my coming across a younger person with Insulin Dependent Diabetes, I doubt they will get another app from me. :no:

Submitted my first FE apps to Washington National and United Home Life. The Washington National plan is very competitive when it comes to rates and they say they issue Table 6 standard. Very simple apps with most things only going back two years. However, cancer is a 5 year look back. They do require drugs taken in the past year be listed on the app. When the POS was done, they asked the client about drugs.. They were taking some drugs for a non-malignant intestinal problem that had require about a foot of the colon to be removed a few months ago. They really drilled down about the who, when, what and where about the surgery and the medications even though they problem did not fall under any of the application questions. They do not give an approval at the end of the POS and I thought this is going to be a problem. However, the plan was issued today with immediate benefit as applied. I contracted with them for their Cancer and CI plans but I will probably use them some for their life plans, especially the FE. :) On the other hand, the UHL application does not ask about drugs and the POS sticks strictly to repeating the questions on the application. They don't give a decision at the end of the POS either but I thought that since there seemed to be no problems, the app would speed right through underwriting. Today, almost a week later, it still does not show up anywhere on the website so I called them. Yes, it has been received but they have not assigned it a file number yet or sent it to underwriting. I asked if this was the normal process and they said no but they had been receiving a "lot of applications and are running behind." I asked when I could expect it to go to underwriting and they said, "we hope to get it there next week".. I am really not happy about their service and absent my coming across a younger person with Insulin Dependent Diabetes, I doubt they will get another app from me. :no:

What is making you choose companies that don't give POS approvals when there are so many that do?

What is making you choose companies that don't give POS approvals when there are so many that do?

Well, as I said I picked WN up for the supplemental health plans and then noticed they have some decent life products.. Thought it might be a good way to cut down on companies and also increase production with a company by writing a mix of products with them instead of putting health with one and life with another. Since I get in the field so little any more, I hate to have a company and put only one or two apps a year with them.

UHL, I have had a 130 contract with them for a long time but have never put any business with them. Thought I would try them. Not impressed, probably won't use them again except in the situation I mentioned.

The companies I have that do an approval at the end of the POS are Equitable and Settlers. If I were going to write enough to make it worth your while, I would be knocking at FEXcontracting's door for some additional contracts.

Well, as I said I picked WN up for the supplemental health plans and then noticed they have some decent life products.. Thought it might be a good way to cut down on companies and also increase production with a company by writing a mix of products with them instead of putting health with one and life with another. Since I get in the field so little any more, I hate to have a company and put only one or two apps a year with them. UHL, I have had a 130 contract with them for a long time but have never put any business with them. Thought I would try them. Not impressed, probably won't use them again except in the situation I mentioned. The companies I have that do an approval at the end of the POS are Equitable and Settlers. If I were going to write enough to make it worth your while, I would be knocking at FEXcontracting's door for some additional contracts.

I would look at Equitable and Aetna for produc

----------

Products that have good FE and good cross sell opportunities.

Everyone has huge commissions with UHL and no one seems to use them much. That must tell us something.

----------

Products that have good FE and good cross sell opportunities.

Everyone has huge commissions with UHL and no one seems to use them much. That must tell us something.

Just the fact they would give a 130 to someone like me speaks volumes! :yes:

Just the fact they would give a 130 to someone like me speaks volumes! :yes:

They have huge commissions. But their FE underwriting is not good from everything I've heard. We may pick them up soon just for a niche or two but I don't see them being a go to company for anyone.

They have huge commissions. But their FE underwriting is not good from everything I've heard. We may pick them up soon just for a niche or two but I don't see them being a go to company for anyone.

They position themselves as THE FE company for diabetics.. and if the client is insulin dependent and between ages 20 and 50, that is pretty much the case.. They have a lot of good points.. Premier is low mid-range, very simple app, quick to the point POS.. But then the way they drag around with underwriting, it kills all that. They also have reasonable qualifications for conventions. Shame they don't do approvals with the POS.

They position themselves as THE FE company for diabetics.. and if the client is insulin dependent and between ages 20 and 50, that is pretty much the case.. They have a lot of good points.. Premier is low mid-range, very simple app, quick to the point POS.. But then the way they drag around with underwriting, it kills all that. They also have reasonable qualifications for conventions. Shame they don't do approvals with the POS.

Lots of other choices for diabetics who use insulin to control their diabetes. Whether age 1 or age 45. Some companies dont even require a pos interview.

I heard Washington National doesn't ask about oxygen? Anybody ever use them for that niche?
They do ask about all medications so if they found the client used o2, they would drill down on it. Also emphysema, COPD, chronic asthma, or "any other chronic respiratory condition" is a KO question.. Yes and the client is not even eligible for graded. Can't think of any other reason other than a severe heart condition that would cause aperson to be on oxygen.

Back