Washington National?

DNCbroker

Most of my experience in insurance sales is in final expense. I want to work with businesses and organizations. Please let me know what you think about Washington National. Also, I would appreciate any advice on doing worksite sales.
Thanks

Google Conseco.:yes:

This. I know nothing of Washington National other than they are owned by CNO Financial which also owns Colonial Penn and Bankers Life/Conseco (where I got my start in the business).

Bankers Life is a crap shoot depending on office location and management team. I joined them specifically to learn the industry and to work with one of my managers. Left as intended after just less than 3 years to go indy, eventually settled on Employee Benefits as my ideal spot in the industry.

Washington National does not seem to operate in the same manner as Conseco/Bankers Life. They have some of the best support materials provided to the agent free of charge that I have ever seen.

I think they had those same materials before they changed their name from Conseco to Washington National.:)

Avoid going captive in the benefits field. Its a death sentence and there is usually very little (if any) value given to the agent.

Lots of good options for carriers in group benefits. Guardian and Ameritas are two good ones.... and both are way better than Wash Nat imo.

To get started in benefits and to help with cash flow, one thing you can do is help enroll cases for enrollment companies. Most of their work is in the fourth quarter but there are some enrollment companies that do work year round. Doing some enrollments will also see how others enroll things too (and you can learn what not to do probably) and in the process get some product training to get a better idea of how these products work.

Worksite benefits can include:

Life insurance
Accident insurance
Critical illness insurance
Disability insurance

With employer groups you have to negotiate two things:

1. Access to see employees
2. Payroll deduction

The larger the employer group, the harder it is.

I'd think worksite would be a lot more fun than final expense but I haven't ever done final expense sales.

To get started in benefits and to help with cash flow, one thing you can do is help enroll cases for enrollment companies. Most of their work is in the fourth quarter but there are some enrollment companies that do work year round. Doing some enrollments will also see how others enroll things too (and you can learn what not to do probably) and in the process get some product training to get a better idea of how these products work.

Worksite benefits can include:

Life insurance
Accident insurance
Critical illness insurance
Disability insurance

With employer groups you have to negotiate two things:

1. Access to see employees
2. Payroll deduction

The larger the employer group, the harder it is.

I'd think worksite would be a lot more fun than final expense but I haven't ever done final expense sales.

Have you got something against cat piss, dog crap on the floor and a variety of bugs crawling on you while you fill out an app on the sticky grape jelly covered kitchen table? What's not fun about that?:twitchy:

Have you got something against cat piss, dog crap on the floor and a variety of bugs crawling on you while you fill out an app on the sticky grape jelly covered kitchen table? What's not fun about that?:twitchy:

Maybe that's why final expense sometimes gets "jammed" down peoples throat so they'll buy it?

Back