"We Found 0 Plans"

medx

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texas
I sold a life Insurance policy to a client last week, she wanted to get some rates for health insurance for her Grandchild that lives with her, she is already on medicare, so it has to be a child only policy, so I went online to run a sample rate (ehealth) for a child only (age 10) in Texas and this is what came up:

"We found 0 plans"

"Celtic Ins. Co. requires the first applicant to be at least 19 or older. "

"UnitedHealthcare requires the first applicant to be at least 19 or older. "

'Humana requires the first applicant to be at least 19 or older."

'Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas requires the first applicant to be at least 19 or older."

'Aetna Life Insurance Company requires the first applicant to be at least 19 or older. "

"Companion Life Insurance Company requires the first applicant to be at least 19 or older."

Is anyone still offering child only policies in Texas?

Last edited:
Nationwide deal homey.
Thank Alla for dat dare reform.
Better yet, not only does you gotta put at least one guardian on the policy with Jr., but don't be surprised when Jr's portion of the total premium jacks...

Last edited:
Let Michelle and Obama figure it out. I thought this health bill was supposed to provide more access? Idiots.

Lots of health companies bailed on child only policies. I guess you don't have to cover pre-existing conditions if you decide to eliminate an entire class of insured. Just another example of the Law of Unintended Consequences- or maybe it's the old story of the politicians being bribed by special interests to look the other way while the CEO's thumb their collective noses at health reform.

Back