We Have Not Had a Torchmark Thread in a While

HomeService

Guru
1000 Post Club
Austin, TX
About time for us to catch up on Torchmark dealings. UA, AIL, LibNat? What do you guys have ? Any info? Seems like some changes have happened lately.

Are yOu kidding me? Torchmark pays 1/3 of what other carriers pay and uses old tables to calculate rates. Time to wise up sonny!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Torchmark is a big scam. We fell for their pitch and got burned in the past. They provide you with Sales Genie "leads" and make you think you are going to make enough money to cover your basic needs in life. Put the torch out and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are yOu kidding me? Torchmark pays 1/3 of what other carriers pay and uses old tables to calculate rates. Time to wise up sonny!

No, I am not kidding you.

AIL/NILICO provide thousands and thousands and thousands of families with life insurance policies they wouldn't otherwise have. When one of their clients die and the families get a check it's hard for me to believe any of them would think "gee, this insurance was a rip off". That is a check they would not receive if they Torchmark did not exist. The fact of the matter is that AIL/NILICO creates a fantastic training ground for agents and they are actually offering products that can help folks.

bmobini, I don't know you from Adam, but it seems that virtually all of your posts are you shooting off your mouth about things you either don't understand or hardly understand. Any chance you'd be willing to apologize for being nasty?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A
Torchmark is a big scam. We fell for their pitch and got burned in the past. They provide you with Sales Genie "leads" and make you think you are going to make enough money to cover your basic needs in life.

I'm not a superstare salesman, but I made $7k my first month with them.

Last edited:
No, I am not kidding you.

AIL/NILICO provide thousands and thousands and thousands of families with life insurance policies they wouldn't otherwise have. When one of their clients die and the families get a check it's hard for me to believe any of them would think "gee, this insurance was a rip off". That is a check they would not receive if they Torchmark did not exist. The fact of the matter is that AIL/NILICO creates a fantastic training ground for agents and they are actually offering products that can help folks.

Well said. Overpriced life insurance is better than no life insurance, generally. Also, the commission that an agent receives is irrelevant when considering if the policy was a good thing or not for the policyholder.

As long as AIL is not replacing better priced policies that are just as good if not better, more power to their agents. That doesn't mean I like Torchmark, that I'd work for them, or that I'd hesitate one second to replace one of their policies when it was in the best interest of the policyholder.

I believe that Torchmark could run a much better shop and do even better for agents and policyholders, but that is ok. The market will take care of them eventually when they no longer do a good job of filling their role. And it means there are plenty of overpriced policies for me to replace!

:yes:

WhenI worked for AIL and sold a policy I always felt I left the people in better shape than when I met them. Besides most of the people that AIL sees will never sit down with another agent.

However, what is up with Torchmark. They are usually bombarding the place with ads for new agents but I have only saw a few out for AIL only locally?

Last edited:
I love Torchmark products, most of the time I come across them in the field I get a replacement sale plus get to help clients get more coverage for their money. I wish I could find more of them.

WhenI worked for AIL and sold a policy I always felt I left the people in better shape than when I met them. Besides most of the people that AIL sees will never sit down with another agents.

However, what is up with Torchmark. They are usually bombarding the place with ads for new agents but I have only saw a few out of AIL only locally?

Exactly. I wonder if they may be concentrating more on AIL and less on UA and LibNat? Which would not be bad... of the three, it seems like AIL is the better one. Maybe.

I saw a captive ad for UA;claiming a average 25% rate reduction in most states for their High Deductible F Plan.Their other plans,still higher than most everyone else.I have never sold a High-Deductible F-Plan.I am not sure who would buy one?:SLEEP:

Back