Web Site Design Hosting and Such

Texoma

:goofy:Any suggestions on a great company for web site design,hosting and best place to register a domain name?For medicare/ senior market. Thanks.

Hostgator is a lot cheaper. Google coupons you can get it even cheaper that way too.

Are you talking domain name or hosting. It'd be hard to be a lot cheaper than $2 a month. I used GoDaddy for the domain name and HostGator for the host. I read where it's better to not have them through the same company. Don't know if that's true or not. I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff.:yes:

GoDaddy is going to be more expensive, but there is no question they have great tech support.

Hostgator is fine, but over the last year I've cancelled nearly everything I've had with them because it just doesn't make sense. Their security has gone in the toilet and their customer service wasn't far behind it.

The conversation is more complicated than "what company should I go with?" I like namecheap for domains, but it almost doesn't matter.

If you go with someone like hostgator, it's not a bad place to start, but eventually you could definitely have some problems. It's relatively easy to build a wordpress site if you read some guides and watch some videos on youtube.

There are also some companies that will handle everything for $500-$1,000 upfront with a monthly hosting fee and depending on what you're trying to accomplish, that's probably the high end of what you want to be spending.

What companies come to mind that do everything for the 500-1,000up front range? I do good to turn my computer on.

If you're going to pay someone 500-1000 might as well do it yourself. They will just buy a cookie cutter $50 template and put up your site in 3 hours or less.

Source: I own a web design business.

If you're going to pay someone 500-1000 might as well do it yourself. They will just buy a cookie cutter $50 template and put up your site in 3 hours or less. Source: I own a web design business.

... Or if you are planning on setting up something a little more complex find someone trustworthy overseas :)

What companies come to mind that do everything for the 500-1,000up front range? I do good to turn my computer on.

If you put up an ad on UpWork you could probably find someone pretty quick. Just make sure you have some content typed up and you could probably get folks to bed it out for a few hundred. Realistically you could probably check out craigslist and find someone local that can do it for you. Just look for a WordPress or Joomla developer and they can do it pretty quick. It isn't hard to do and there are a lot of people that do it so frankly if you gave them $500 that's a pretty good deal for them because it shouldn't take more than a few hours.

I would start taking computer classes ASAP. Start learning everything you can and never stop. Anyone in business these days without sound computer knowledge should either get it asap, or they'll be saying "What happened?"

This is no longer an insurance business and certainly won't be in a few more short years. Like everything else, it's a technology business.

Increase your skills. Anyone not up to speed on computers now is about to get washed away with the tide, ESPECIALLY in the Senior market.

Back