Website Advertising Guidelines

Apr 3, 2008

Tags:
  1. joshril

joshril Guru

State:
    Oregon
    Quick question. Is it compliant to list all the companies you're are appoint with on your website with a link to the carrier's homepage?

For example something structured like this:

Carriers I represent:

Unicare
    Time
    World
    BC/BS
    etc...

joshril, Apr 3, 2008
  2. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Most will give you links to embed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  3. Dave020

Dave020 Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    Agreed. You definitely want to get an embedded agent link so that when someone clicks on it, they go to the carrier through you. That protects your sales. If you use a generic link, they may by direct online and bypass you, which is not your intent.

Most carriers (at least in CA) are ok with co-branding and provide specific logos for agents to use. I did have a problem once with Secure Horizons and I wasn't even using their logo, just the name in text.

Dave020, Apr 3, 2008
  4. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Exactly. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while someone submits an app right through my site - even after I've made several unsuccessful attempts to contact them.

My theory is they somehow think they're cutting me out thereby getting a better rate. Funny.

5. joshril

joshril Guru

State:
    Oregon
    I was just trying to keep everything uniform. I am linking to my "agent page", but some carriers I represent don't have an agent page. I don't really want to use different size image files and would prefer text links.

For example, is it ok to just list the companies I represent and those that I have an agent page with, imbed the link?

joshril, Apr 3, 2008