Website Advertising Guidelines

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Quick question. Is it compliant to list all the companies you're are appoint with on your website with a link to the carrier's homepage?

For example something structured like this:

Carriers I represent:

Unicare
Time
World
BC/BS
etc...

Agreed. You definitely want to get an embedded agent link so that when someone clicks on it, they go to the carrier through you. That protects your sales. If you use a generic link, they may by direct online and bypass you, which is not your intent.

Most carriers (at least in CA) are ok with co-branding and provide specific logos for agents to use. I did have a problem once with Secure Horizons and I wasn't even using their logo, just the name in text.

Exactly. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while someone submits an app right through my site - even after I've made several unsuccessful attempts to contact them.

My theory is they somehow think they're cutting me out thereby getting a better rate. Funny.

I was just trying to keep everything uniform. I am linking to my "agent page", but some carriers I represent don't have an agent page. I don't really want to use different size image files and would prefer text links.

For example, is it ok to just list the companies I represent and those that I have an agent page with, imbed the link?

Back