Website Critique and Ideas

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am working with Wordpress for the first time and have designed a site that is meant to work really well with smart phones. I have designed it to generate leads. I would like some critique knowing that it has not been proofread and still needs quite a bit of content.

The more I look at it I think I may have beaten the "request a quote" to death.

Virginia Insurance Quotes

Thanks for checking it out..

----------

I am working with Wordpress for the first time and have designed a site that is meant to work really well with smart phones. I have designed it to generate leads. I would like some critique knowing that it has not been proofread and still needs quite a bit of content.

Oh yeah, at the bottom of my pages I have the word "edit" that I just can't figure out how to get rid of.

----------

Oh yeah, at the bottom of my pages I have the word "edit" that I just can't figure out how to get rid of.

When the screen first pops up you can't read all the words because it's white words on a white background.

It only says edit when you're logged in, for anyone not logged in it should be missing (I don't see it).

In no particular order:

The white letters on the white parts of that picture disappear... and lok terrible. The picture is also obnoxiously large and doesn't scale.

The contact form looks like a disaster; personally I'm a fan of gravity forms.

For what it's worth, although a lot of traffic is coming from mobile, it's not usually the best converting traffic so while it's important to have a responsive site (responsive meaning it responds to the mobile traffic and reformats it to be easy for them to view), optimizing around it might be a fools errand.

For ideas you might want to run a search for "life insurance" and check out the affiliate sites. They spend untold fortunes optimizing their CTAs to get people to actually respond so mirroring them (to a degree) can be really helpful.

When the screen first pops up you can't read all the words because it's white on white.

Yeah, I'm going to work on that tomorrow. It will actually have a border around the words that will allow the picture to still be seen

----------

It only says edit when you're logged in, for anyone not logged in it should be missing (I don't see it).

In no particular order:

The white letters on the white parts of that picture disappear... and lok terrible. The picture is also obnoxiously large and doesn't scale.

For what it's worth, although a lot of traffic is coming from mobile, it's not usually the best converting traffic so while it's important to have a responsive site (responsive meaning it responds to the mobile traffic and reformats it to be easy for them to view), optimizing around it might be a fools errand.

For ideas you might want to run a search for "life insurance" and check out the affiliate sites. They spend untold fortunes optimizing their CTAs to get people to actually respond so mirroring them (to a degree) can be really helpful.

1. I'm fixing the lettering tomorrow
2. The theme is designed for you to scroll down and the picture barely moves as you scroll down. You should actually see three pictures as you scroll down. Getting people to know they need to scroll is an issue I haven't figured out yet. I still have a lot of work to do but I will say my first attempt has been fun
3. I will check out the gravity forms tomorrow. I know the one I am using looks terrible

----------

In no particular order:

I installed the gravity forms plug-in. Thanks for the advice

Glad to help. WordPress is awesome.

Just a thought, rather than trying to convince people to scroll down, why not just make a more traditional site?

Have you checked out themes at themeforest.net? They have some pretty cool stuff.

Just a thought, rather than trying to convince people to scroll down, why not just make a more traditional site?

Have you checked out themes at themeforest.net? They have some pretty cool stuff.

I will check them out. My goal is to have a lead generating site (netquote like) not a site that resembles an agency site. I'm not going to put my personal information on it because I want to look bigger than I actually am, a guy sitting in his reclining chair trying to come up with prospects. LOL

I will check them out. My goal is to have a lead generating site (netquote like) not a site that resembles an agency site. I'm not going to put my personal information on it because I want to look bigger than I actually am, a guy sitting in his reclining chair trying to come up with prospects. LOL

I think it looks pretty good. Good job! I tired one of them lead generating sites for a few months a year or so ago.... because the the company was giving me a deal. I know it was one of the big ones, don't remember the name. Anyhow, the leads were just horrible.

You name it, I saw it. bad credit, SR22, looking for state mins, 3-5 accidents... even thought I paid extra to filter.

it was one of them live transfer deals. I quoted 2-3 per week for two months. I wrote a few, but both cancelled within few months due to non pay.

It doesn't look like you are spending tons of money on this, since you are creating the website yourself. I would focus my time on referral marketing.

How would having multiple domain names pointed at the same site effect me?

How would having multiple domain names pointed at the same site effect me?

Odds are it wouldn't.

VaDwayneinsurance.com - Main site.

VirginiaBeachDiscountInsurance.com

EastCoastInsurance.com

If the second and the third are pointed at your main site, it would pretty much only benefit you in the sense that you would be able to brand EastCoastInsurance , but from an SEO perspective it won't mean much if anything. Having different sites set up as landing pages on the other hand, all with unique content, that might help.

Dwayne, you should resize the hand pic so that the hands cradled the request quote, area

The hands are directing me to the right of it, looking at the people.

There's a study that shows directional pictures increase clicks

also the colors are a little hard on my eyes.

your favicon is a "G" is that your logo?

IMO, if you want a lead gen site, i would just make a landing page (1 pager that request info quote) and remove all the other links.

Back