Website Critique and Ideas

Dwayne, you should resize the hand pic so that the hands cradled the request quote, area

The hands are directing me to the right of it, looking at the people.

There's a study that shows directional pictures increase clicks

also the colors are a little hard on my eyes.

your favicon is a "G" is that your logo?

IMO, if you want a lead gen site, i would just make a landing page (1 pager that request info quote) and remove all the other links.

It's funny you mentioned the landing page as that is why I asked about multiple URL's pointing at the same site I'm planning on working on that next.

As far as my fav icon, I will have to figure out where to change that , lol .

I changed the text from blue to black; hopefully it's easier to read.

Dwayne, let's talk conversions on the site.

After people click on the "Request a Quote" button, you take them to another page - and them ask them to click another page before requesting information.

Why not make it easier, and instead of a long page that gives information about what product they are reading about, set up an autoresponder that send them an email series with that info, leading towards a quote and/or sale? That way, you capture leads with the quid pro quo of getting their email address.

You've made the visitor to conversion process difficult, meaning fewer conversions.

I think that I the final product complete. I have decided to just concentrate on business insurance with this site and build additional sites for any other products that I don't care if I ever sell or not, it would just be spending cash if I did.

My site is Virginia Insurance Quotes. I have set a $500 monthly budget to begin with to draw people to the site. Will this small amount get me anywhere? Other than Google where is the best places to use PPC advertising? I would also like to have an email address such as [email protected]. Would I simply call hostgator to set this up? Thanks for your help!

Ppc isn't really worth it for insurance. Its pretty costly with lawyers being higher.

Itll cost you about 20$ per click just to go look. It'll burn your budget pretty fast.

And when your landing page doesn't give anyone a reason to request a quote. It just says request a quote.

There's no copy or benefits. You should read about landing pages if you want to do ppc.

Your site is missing a lot of critical elements of a landing page.

I think unbounce has a very good basic guide on landing pages and get to them to convert.

I would remove the scrolling move the form to the first page and add 3 to 5 why get a quote benefits. Reduce the forms to 3 fields. Add some trust badges and remove the navigation links.

You say you will focus on business insurance but by visiting the site I dont know if I am getting a quote for business insurance.

As a lead site I think it is missing a lot and needs work before you start spending money on ppc.

Glad to help. WordPress is awesome.

Just a thought, rather than trying to convince people to scroll down, why not just make a more traditional site?

Have you checked out themes at themeforest.net? They have some pretty cool stuff.
Josh, do you know of any good FREE WP templates along the insurance marketing theme or one that is close and editable?

Thanks. I too am leaning towards a Word Press site.

Back