Website for lead generation

Curve50880

Hello everyone. I am very new at this but I have been reading quite a bit and I am ready to get my feet wet. I just started working on a website for the sole purpose of lead generation. I am working on everything from A-Z but oddly enough I am having a tough time choosing a name for the site. My first instinct was to create a website that is more locally targeted (lifeinsurancefornewyork.com). My fear is that I will be hurting myself in the long run. Do you think it should it be something less location specific? I plan on running PPC ads as well as posting content with the hope that eventually this content will begin to catch the attention of the search engines.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hello everyone. I am very new at this but I have been reading quite a bit and I am ready to get my feet wet. I just started working on a website for the sole purpose of lead generation. I am working on everything from A-Z but oddly enough I am having a tough time choosing a name for the site. My first instinct was to create a website that is more locally targeted (lifeinsurancefornewyork.com). My fear is that I will be hurting myself in the long run. Do you think it should it be something less location specific? I plan on running PPC ads as well as posting content with the hope that eventually this content will begin to catch the attention of the search engines.

Welcome. That's a loaded que

To begin, you should consider using less characters for your domain name. Generally up to 11-12 words is the max. It won't kill you if you use a long domain name, however it's not as marketable, thus not as memorable to the minds of your potential clients.

Welcome. That's a loaded question, but let's break it down.

Setting up your website
I'm going to assume you didn't purchase the domain name yet. The name you're thinking about appears to be too long. Not that it disqualifies your website from being useful, but it's not as useful.

You should brand your website with something that's memorable, and easy to type in without misspells. If it helps imagine telling someone you met during Happy Hour about your website.

Here's an example of an insurance site: http://tropicalquotes.com

It's not fancy, by any means. But It's an example of a site I've worked on to generate leads. And it's easy to remember.

You're probably going to start with creating a site using Word Press. It might take some time, and knowledge if you're not entirely sure how to do it yourself.

PPC/Paid Ads

If you don't have a website built yet for you to market your insurance site, use lead pages.

You can create a page with a form to capture the lead's information, and market it during a paid advertising campaign.

For example, if you start a PPC campaign on Facebook, you can use lead pages to capture the leads info, using a tool that makes you look like you have a site.

There's a lot that goes into paid ads. Using a tool like lead pages might help you out if you don't have a website for insurance built yet.

Here is an example of what you can do with lead pages:

http://extusjustin.com/free-over-next-21-days-funnel

You can clearly see all of the elements are in place for you to generate leads for yourself, and build your book of business.
That loads way too slowly. I was just getting ready to click off, when it came on. If I wasn't doing something else at the same time, I would've been long gone before it loaded.

That loads way too slowly. I was just getting ready to click off, when it came on. If I wasn't doing something else at the same time, I would've been long gone before it loaded.

Correct. This site is not mine. It's just an example of what you could do with lead pages.

Back