Website Question...again

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hello and welcome to this thread. It will be neither helpful or informative to you...but I'm hoping you can help me.

I'm looking for one of those cheap web-hosting places. Ya know...about 10-15 bucks per month or so. I have a domain I want to use for a website. Nothing elaborate. I'm not terribly concerned about bring traffic there. But my main concern is the ability to very EASILY create some web pages, and have the ability to just as easily change them.

It will mainly be used to send occasional quotes (that are from 90-250 miles away from my office).

I tried Google Apps with one of my domains, but it looks like a search engine page and I don't like that.

pahealthquote.com (See how goofy that looks)

All suggestions appreciated. But you will not be compensated for your time. Well...in the holiday spirit, if you ever visit Lebanon (the gunfire usually subsides in December)...I'll treat you to lunch.

Last edited:
Yes, costco member for their price, I think it's 14.99 per month. They provide you with software for pretty simple stuff. I don't know anything about HTML and was able to get it up and running pretty easily. I think it's Macromedia. The only "warning" per se that they didn't give me (but I already knew) is you want to make sure you hyperlink an e-mail address as opposed to leaving it exposed (say: [email protected] would be "exposed") because there are skimming functions on the web that look for exposed email addresses and voila! Spamola!

Hope this helps, but if there are other options out there, I'm open as well!

"make sure you hyperlink an e-mail address as opposed to leaving it exposed"

I'm not sure what you mean by that. For an example..if I were to use OHIOMEDICAL.com (that's just an example)...what should I be doing?

By the way...I just called them and did a sample site. Not bad. And they will still honor the $14.99 price.

no, the dot.com is fine, it's the email account you want to hyperlink - it is a really easy process.

So if you were [email protected]$$meoff, then you would use the button right next to the text color in the "quick reply" option on this site, the one with the world and a chain link, although it didn't work on this post. Really, it's not complicated.

Chump,

You will benefit from godaddy.

24 hour support and great service.

Register a better domain name because pahq its hard to remember.

Back