Website SEO Update - 2016

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
In 2014/15 we had Penguin, Panda, and RankBrain.... so far in 2016 Google has had 2 major unnamed algo updates.

Obviously they are still pushing mobile compatibility and speed. But what is everyone finding in their experiences? Is content king or are links still big? Are directories dead?

Anyone still doing PPC or FaceBook ads?

Are you actually engaging people on social media, or just using it for links and google juice?

It seems to me that natural conversational type writing is starting to rank much easier than trying to force and stuff keywords into an article. I am seriously considering FB ads for one of my websites.... still unsure.

In 2014/15 we had Penguin, Panda, and RankBrain.... so far in 2016 Google has had 2 major unnamed algo updates.

Obviously they are still pushing mobile compatibility and speed. But what is everyone finding in their experiences? Is content king or are links still big? Are directories dead?

Anyone still doing PPC or FaceBook ads?

Are you actually engaging people on social media, or just using it for links and google juice?

It seems to me that natural conversational type writing is starting to rank much easier than trying to force and stuff keywords into an article. I am seriously considering FB ads for one of my websites.... still unsure.

Big & frequent content and big juicy links from high quality sites. And a whole bunch of other stuff...

Always nice to see that the peanut gallery is paying attention.

Big & frequent content and big juicy links from high quality sites. And a whole bunch of other stuff...

Content length is my biggest question theses days. I keep seeing that you need 1500 - 2000 words to rank p1 or p2. Yet I see niche sites that have super quality content but are only doing 500-800 per article (and ranking p1 - p2 on google for major keywords). Any thoughts of content length based on lines of insurance and need for quality vs. quantity?

Always nice to see that the peanut gallery is paying attention.

Content length is my biggest question theses days. I keep seeing that you need 1500 - 2000 words to rank p1 or p2. Yet I see niche sites that have super quality content but are only doing 500-800 per article (and ranking p1 - p2 on google for major keywords). Any thoughts of content length based on lines of insurance and need for quality vs. quantity?

1000-1500 is completely fine.

Back