Websites, SEO

Chkndinner14

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
Okay techies.

I have my site hosted at Norvax. So hence I use site lever to edit, etc.

My son told me to go host my site/url with another company so designers, seo people will be able to work with it more effectively, make sense?

So you norvax, quoit users, do you have separate sites and when someone clicks "get a quote" it takes them into the separate server to do the quote?

I am very confused on how this should all be mapped out.

thanks in advance. Cluck, Cluck.

So you norvax, quoit users, do you have separate sites and when someone clicks "get a quote" it takes them into the separate server to do the quote?

You can't promote a Norvax site with SEO because the site will be too similar to hundreds or thousands of others.

If you looked up "auto mechanic" in your yellow pages and dialed 8 different numbers but got the same garage, you'd try a different company's yellow pages the next time.

Duplicate content is a big SEO negative. Google wants you to use Google not Yahoo! and vice versa.

They both avoid duplicate content like the plague. Google, Yahoo!, MSN et al will try to figure out which site is the originator and may rank that site. All the others will be ignored.

As you figured out, you will need to get a separate site.

You can create your own site and put Norvax on a page within your website with an i-frame. Norvax can help you create the i-frame.

I-frame?

If that is a standard HTML frame, it will have a negative impact on SEO. A link might be better.

However, if you can get a higher percentage of conversions with the frame, then that should be weighed against the SEO impact.

I-frame?

If that is a standard HTML frame, it will have a negative impact on SEO. A link might be better.

However, if you can get a higher percentage of conversions with the frame, then that should be weighed against the SEO impact.

You may be right, but your entire website can be SEO friendly. The only page which might suffer is your quote page. You can still make that page SEO friendly IMO.

Okay techies.

I have my site hosted at Norvax. So hence I use site lever to edit, etc.

My son told me to go host my site/url with another company so designers, seo people will be able to work with it more effectively, make sense?

I am very confused on how this should all be mapped out.

thanks in advance. Cluck, Cluck.

What your son is talking about is using a web hosting service that allows you or most likely a web designer to build you a website from scratch. With this type of site you can design it anyway you want unlike norvax or quoteit. If you decide to do a site from scratch you can always link back to your quote page if you want that capabilty.

I design websites in my free time and in my personal opinion for the amount you pay norvax or quoteit for setup and monthly fees you can have a better quality website.

For example here's my website www.trhealthbroker.com I built it from scratch.

What your son is talking about is using a web hosting service that allows you or most likely a web designer to build you a website from scratch. With this type of site you can design it anyway you want unlike norvax or quoteit. If you decide to do a site from scratch you can always link back to your quote page if you want that capabilty.

I design websites in my free time and in my personal opinion for the amount you pay norvax or quoteit for setup and monthly fees you can have a better quality website.

For example here's my website www.trhealthbroker.com I built it from scratch.

You have a very nice looking site. Who are you using for the webinars?

Thanks salpro.

I'm using the free zoho meeting...I embedded it directly in the webpage. I added the login page so stragglers could'nt join a meeting if not invited.

Last edited:
Back