Weird Rate Increase From Medico Corp

socal401

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My client in AZ recently recieved a 10% rate increase with Medico Corp Plan F in AZ. This raised my concern as it was only supposed to go up 5% (there are no age attained policies in AZ).

I called Medico and they finally called me back explaining it was a combination of a 5% state wide increase on plan F AND an "early enrollment discount" decrease of about 5%.

This "early enrollment discount" is news to me. Has anyone heard of Medico's early enrollment discount? Sounds similar to UHC's discount but I don't remember seeing it anywhere in Medico's literature.

Last edited:
My client in AZ recently recieved a 10% rate increase with Medico Corp Plan F in AZ. This raised my concern as it was only supposed to go up 5% (there are no age attained policies in AZ).

I called Medico and they finally called me back explaining it was a combination of a 5% state wide increase on plan F AND an "early enrollment discount" decrease of about 5%.

This "early enrollment discount" is news to me. Has anyone heard of Medico's early enrollment discount? Sounds similar to UHC's discount but I don't remember seeing it anywhere in Medico's literature.

Hmmmm... That is very strange. I'm also unaware of an early enrollment discount with medico in az. I'll double check my rate sheets tonight I would be very suprised if this ends up being true.

I'm waiting on a call back from Medico for further explanation. I will request some documentation when I speak with them again.

I called some more clients today in AZ with Medico and it seems this is affecting many of them.

They were supposed to have a 5% increase on F for the open block in AZ. This doesn't seem to be the case as many are over 10%.

Back