Well care purl

Hi, I ran into the same issue...sometimes it works, most of the time it does not resolve itself. When callin into the producer help desk, they say to call the local dsm; the local dsm says to talk with the producer help desk. I am not going to put any of my customers thru this and will not write business with them.

I had the same issue. I contacted my Wellcare district sales manager who said they would need my cell phone number to get my PURL set up. I provided the number and after a few days, I was up and running.

Clients (h/w) did two wellcare pdp apps via purl today...supposedly. Apps haven't shown up yet. Will give it a couple days.

That's good to hear. I assume they both completed their apps one after the other, right? Meaning, they didn't click your PURL link, per application. I've noticed the eApps show up in about 2-3 business days? Their IE disclaimer reminds of Humana before they realized that most people use other browsers.

Those two did show up. It took me a while to realize you have to go to "agent history" tab to find the book of business link and application search tool. Not sure if the app search tool works, because my two did show up, but from what I could tell, they were never on the app search tool. They just showed up in my book of business.

Not sure about the PURL, but I had one client confused since AEP did not show up. Funny that on the paper app at least in GA, there's an AEP box choice under the licensed insured broker signature page. Brilliant!!! for folks who are supposed to sign themselves up through the PURL not sure if that choice exists. I'm a little cynical, but someone could easily jump off, call Wellcare, and poof no commissions.
Yes, their PURL site is full of places to jump over to calling Wellcare direct to sign up.
Annoying. Some client coaching on the PURL app needed most likely. I had to think how to answer questions on there myself.
I signed myself up for Wellcare Value to take the hit on discovering their efficiency, and because I take no prescriptions. There is some of my PHI FWIW.
So far I don't see all my enrollments on their site.
I just told a client I don't recommend them this year, because this client won't like unreliable customer service and paying $200 more a year on Rx, is OK, they are still saving $750 from this year's plan. My first year with them as a client, 2019.

Last edited:
Back