Well, Fellas Looks Like I Am Taking the Plunge

TylerP

Expert
Just walked into my agents office after 2 years of being with State Farm and put my 2 weeks in. I've been laying the groundwork to join MIAA (part of SIAA in the midwest) and it looks like I can officially start to work on opening up my agency after this coming Monday, March 31st.

I am feeling a lot of different emotions, the main one being excited. I also feel liberated that I actually pulled the trigger and I feel rejunivated about selling again. I've worked in a scratch agency from the beginng and I got burnt out on pounding the phones. Now, I am more than excited to start selling for MY agency and setting up MY referral pipelines. I am sure reality will sink in when I realize how much work I have to do but for now, I am enjoying the moment.

I've gained a lot of confidence reading the comments on these boards, as well as a lot of insight. I wanted to thank you guys for that.

Best of Luck with your new agency.

There is nothing better than being your own boss & writing your own pay check. You set the limits on how big that check is now. I feel your State Farm background will help you a lot in your new agency.

To your success! :idea:

Best of Luck.....Keep all other distractions away from you and grind it out the next 3 years....Afterwards you will be glad you did and hopefully you will start seeing that the grass is greener now that you stuck your toe into the lake....

Congratulations! From one prior captive to another, you made the right decision. Time to build your own agency.

Good Selling!
Dave

Congratulations on your Independence. All of the personal experiences I've had with SIAA have been positive, so I think they're a good place to start. Keep you nose to the grindstone and you'll be doing well in a few years.

good luck Tyler....I hope you read the buyout clause in the SIAA contract....when you sell..if you ever would...you are gonna owe the Siaa master agency some real big money. good luck

good luck Tyler....I hope you read the buyout clause in the SIAA contract....when you sell..if you ever would...you are gonna owe the Siaa master agency some real big money. good luck

damn, you gotta be the most negative person I ever communicated with and again, you are bashing an organization, that you arent part of, so you cant know everything. oh wait, maybe you do know everything.

Just wish the Kid good luck and STFU.....

Last edited:
You are doing the right thing. My prediction will be that your only regret is not doing it sooner.

Last edited:
I have a question for the OP=Original Poster.

Why did you choose SIAA/MIAA over anyone else? Say Premier Group Insurance or Iroquois Group or ?? Just curious about your thought process.

I have a friend looking into different groups/clusters right now & we've had some interesting conversations. I think another poster in another thread said it best: It is easy to get married, can be expensive to get a divorce:)

Thank you.

F150 im not goin anywhere..its good the kid knows exactly what hes signing up for and I did wish him good luck. I dont drink anybodys koolaid including Siaas.

Back