Well Just Got My First Threat....

12631442_10206859976011232_4879421121288436817_n.jpg

And they over-reacted because they get all kinds of other phone calls and are looking for a reason to TRUST you.

It's probably too late now... but you could've given them that reason, reassurance, and empathy knowing that there ARE a bunch of scammers out there.

Perhaps.

I guess it just caught me off guard with the police threat. Last thing I need right now starting out is some legal issue.

And I was trying to reassure the wife that she requested this info (and I wasn’t just making this up for shits n giggles) by texting her the lead card to refresh her memory

But your suggestion about showing/texting my license probably would have been even better if I realized that was their concern

Ironically my first couple of weeks prospects turned clients kept their appointments, opened their doors to me without question, and trusted me to advise them despite being brand new and inadvertently not even have my credentials on me.

As far as trust, I feel the same way going out of my element, going into their homes trusting them and that they won’t lock me up in some dungeon of terror, their animals won’t attack me, etc.

Perhaps.

I guess it just caught me off guard with the police threat. Last thing I need right now starting out is some legal issue.

"So what if they investigate, what can they do to you? Can they put you up in front of a firing squad? Can they push you over a cliff? Can they string you up there on the end of a rope? Alright then, nothing can happen to you, what can possibly happen to you, what are you worried for? Alright now just go in there and get a good night's sleep.

The worst thing they could possibly do to you is send you to the federal pen."
-Ed Norton

If some crazy looking old guy comes to the door naked and scratching himself down there.....DON'T SHAKE HIS HAND!!! :no:

Ahahaha!

Speaking of crazy old men half naked. Why this prospect from last week answer the door in his draws?!?

My first thought was bruh! Put yo damn clothes on! Or else I’m leaving.

Thankfully he got dressed and put his pants on and didn’t act too weird or creepy.

Some of these people are really quite interesting to say the least.

So I call a prospect from my list of D leads.

Remind them its for mortgage protection, THEY filled out the card, agreed to text the handwritten card they mailed into us, etc.

They agreed to meet on Friday and said it was okay to text

Then a few minutes later I get a call from a random number. I don't answer. Then they text me saying "oh you're a scammer, you don't really 'sale' insurance, and we are going to report you to the police"

Right at the same time my text goes through with their handwritten mortgage protection card they mailed in.

I assume the random number/text threat was them since I just got off the phone with them.

I just blocked them and put them on my do not call list. But are people always this batshit crazy? The police can't do anything since I have that handwritten card from them right?
What's a "D" lead?

Back