Well Just Got My First Threat....

Ahahaha!

Speaking of crazy old men half naked. Why this prospect from last week answer the door in his draws?!?

My first thought was bruh! Put yo damn clothes on! Or else I’m leaving.

Thankfully he got dressed and put his pants on and didn’t act too weird or creepy.

Some of these people are really quite interesting to say the least.
I've had several when door knocking off a targeted data list, where the wife let me in and the husband was in his underwear. I gave them presentations and they never put anything else on.....their wives had clothes on. I've sold them in boxers, but not briefs. :laugh:

I had one crusty old guy that had the decency to put some pants on before he answered the door. He didn't fasten them and had his hand down his pants(never took it out) The guy looked like the guy that made Ned squeal like a pig in Deliverance.. I just told him that I had the wrong address. No way was he touching my pen. :confused::no:

You know what....

When my manager told me she got me my first set of leads I was excited......till I called through a handful who couldn't remember inquiring and thought I was pranking them or something. I looked at the lead sheet and damn near pissed myself when I realized many of these leads were 2+ years old

I figured I probably should buy some A leads - people who actually remember the info and less likely to give resistance when someone contacts them about their inquiry and more likely to buy

I just wasn't sure if my insurance sales skills were tight enough to get a good ROI on buying A leads.

But then again I might take the leap soon so I will have less of a headache dealing with most of these D leads

The writing is on the wall... and it's not your fault. But it's your income and career at risk if you don't get some higher quality skills. (Btw, why would a manager give you the glen garry leads right off the bat?)

Your missing skill: You don't know how to attract and command the attention of others to what YOU are telling them. You are expecting them to still be in the 'inquiring' stage or that they are still 'interested' based on the lead data on your sheets.

You should see each 'lead' as fresh TO YOU. Forget the offer. Forget the company. It's about your interaction with them.

How do you do it? Ask questions.

What kind of questions? That depends on what you're selling. Since you're selling insurance, you should be asking emotional-based questions designed to find out how uncomfortable people are in their current situation... and then you can eventually propose insurance for peace of mind.

Start here for a decent mortgage protection questions-based approach:

I thought this was a bit funny till I read the OP was "new"

Words of advice. We are here to insure the people that want to work with us. That does not mean everybody. On occasion I have pissed off a person or two. The thing is as you get farther into this business you'll realize there are more clients out there wanting to talk to you.

Try not to fret over someone who doesn't.

So I call a prospect from my list of D leads.

Remind them its for mortgage protection, THEY filled out the card, agreed to text the handwritten card they mailed into us, etc.

They agreed to meet on Friday and said it was okay to text

Then a few minutes later I get a call from a random number. I don't answer. Then they text me saying "oh you're a scammer, you don't really 'sale' insurance, and we are going to report you to the police"

Right at the same time my text goes through with their handwritten mortgage protection card they mailed in.

I assume the random number/text threat was them since I just got off the phone with them.

I just blocked them and put them on my do not call list. But are people always this batshit crazy? The police can't do anything since I have that handwritten card from them right?

How far back did they send in the lead card initially?

In most cases, you are only protected from the DNC for 90 days after they sent in the card.

Make sure they are not on the DNC if you are calling leads older than 90 days.

That could be a $10,000 fine and it happens daily.

In most cases, you are only protected from the DNC for 90 days after they sent in the card.

Make sure they are not on the DNC if you are calling leads older than 90 days.

That could be a $10,000 fine and it happens daily.

Well damn!!! Thanks for informing as I was not aware.

My manager gave me a stack of D leads starting out and said to call them. Sooooo......not sure why the experienced manager would tell me as a brand new agent to call some old ass D leads if it was illegal to do so. And I don't recall this info being on the licensing tests either.

Glad this forum exists! I think I recall something posted about this very topic I read a few weeks ago so I tried asking the leads department about calling D leads and they emailed me and said since the people filled out a card it was okay to contact them by phone.

I'll try to contact leads department again to see if I can get better clarity on the time frames.

Maybe to be on the safe side I should just door knock D leads? Or how do I check to see if they are on DNC list?

I do plan on getting some b and c leads until I can get the skills and finances for the A leads in very near future.

Last edited:
Here's the deal with preventing DNC complaints:
1) Be a live person, not a robo caller (or using a dialer).
2) If they say "We're on the DNC list" your response is: "I apologize. I'll update my records immediately. Thank you for your time."
3) Maintain your own DNC list and DON'T call them again!

In short: Don't piss people off!

Pretty simple.

“If I could show you how to get the insurance you need to protect your family AND pay off your mortgage 5 to 10 years early without taking any additional money out of your pocket ...”

@DHK Is that possible? How? Where can I learn this?

Back