Well This is a Classic!

toehill

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
So I have been talking with the lady who cuts my hair for a couple of months about a quote for life and DI. She had given me a quote that State Farm had given her to try and beat. Of course I smoked it!!

She tells me to be there at her work to show her the stuff between 9-12 this morning. I show up and she is blow drying a ladies hair. I say I'll just sit here and wait till your done and show you this stuff.

She cuts off the hair dryer and comes over there. I say you need to sign this form. While she is signing I start giving her the highlights of the quote. Ya know! We have blown their price out of the water. Look at what I have gotten you. Oh I am the greatest insurance guy in the world sort of stuff and she is looking all panicked!!:1laugh:

She mouths to me THE LADY IN THE CHAIR IS THE STATE FARM AGENT. HAHAHA!! I go well lets meet Monday at 2:15 and do the application at the coffee shop and she says I'll see you there!:yes::yes: I look at Ms State Farm and say have a nice day!

Last edited:
Happens all the time.....

Thursday, I was at a store in a strip mall, sitting on a bench in front of the clients store, going over my quotes, the AMFAM agent NEXT door walks by, the client looks up at her and says.........I'M going with him, he is much cheaper.......

The AMFAM agent just snickered and kept on walking...

Really, not a big deal, happens often when there the place is flooded with agents now-a-days

So I have been talking with the lady who cuts my hair for a couple of months about a quote for life and DI. She had given me a quote that State Farm had given her to try and beat. Of course I smoked it!!

She tells me to be there at her work to show her the stuff between 9-12 this morning. I show up and she is blow drying a ladies hair. I say I'll just sit here and wait till your done and show you this stuff.

She cuts off the hair dryer and comes over there. I say you need to sign this form. While she is signing I start giving her the highlights of the quote. Ya know! We have blown their price out of the water. Look at what I have gotten you. Oh I am the greatest insurance guy in the world sort of stuff and she is looking all panicked!!:1laugh:

She mouths to me THE LADY IN THE CHAIR IS THE STATE FARM AGENT. HAHAHA!! I go well lets meet Monday at 2:15 and do the application at the coffee shop and she says I'll see you there!:yes::yes: I look at Ms State Farm and say have a nice day!

That's the kind of stuff that really makes doing this fun and enjoyable.

That's the kind of stuff that really makes doing this fun and enjoyable.

That was fun! I mean I am really new to this. So for me I laughed for an hour. I sent her a text later on an she was laughing as well. She said the lady didn't say a word about it. I bet the SF agent was thinking dang that's the 3rd time this week that's happened to me.

I love these stories HA!!!

My favorite situation is a big property management company that is in the same building as one of my main competitors. They used to do business together but the owners had a falling out and I wedged myself in there. I BOR'd 59 commercial property accounts at one time and have taken over 4-5 more every month with the carriers that would not do mid term BOR's. I can see the agent getting pissed off everytime I pull up in front of their building.

That was fun! I mean I am really new to this. So for me I laughed for an hour. I sent her a text later on an she was laughing as well. She said the lady didn't say a word about it. I bet the SF agent was thinking dang that's the 3rd time this week that's happened to me.

It really never gets old. You will find yourself doing this over and over again through the years.

Back