Wellcare Appointment Verification Line

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am in the process of getting certified for Wellcare PDP's because they look to be competitive this year. I get to the area of SOA and it says I must do it via the AVL (Appointment Verification Line). Does anyone have experience with this and if so how big of a pain in the butt is it? I don't always go into an appointment knowing Wellcare is going to be discussed so I don't really want to spend a bunch of time having the client or myself call in to do this verification.

Any insight would be appreciated!

I am in the process of getting certified for Wellcare PDP's because they look to be competitive this year. I get to the area of SOA and it says I must do it via the AVL (Appointment Verification Line). Does anyone have experience with this and if so how big of a pain in the butt is it? I don't always go into an appointment knowing Wellcare is going to be discussed so I don't really want to spend a bunch of time having the client or myself call in to do this verification. Any insight would be appreciated!

It is not that bad but it can be a hassle sometimes because the people that take the calls must follow a script verbatim so that can be frustrating at times.

I HATE it! I'm in a state that does not have an MAPD with Wellcare, but they have to say they are a Medicare Advantage Plan provider. So, of course that freaks out my clients. I tell them to just say yes. Say yes to everything and I'll explain later. The SOA's are more confusing to my clients than anything else.
You may want to show them a paper SOA, so they know what they are agreeing to over the phone.

Thanks for the input, I'm a little confused about when the SOA call takes place. Do I set the appointment with the clients and if I think we will discuss Wellcare I have them call in to do the SOA? I also see where they don't like the agent doing paper applications and would rather it all be done online with another follow up call to verify enrollment. Not sure I want all this additional hassle during this very busy time. Might be worth the lost commissions to just sign them up on Medicare.gov or give them Wellcare phone number.

You can do it in advance or at the time of sale. I never know what my client needs until they get here. I do the SOA at the time of sale. They have an option for immediate appointment. You give them the clients, name and address and they give you a code to put in to start the application. The client then listens to the CSR spiel, says yes and you can now complete the app online. I like the online part because I know it's done. The first couple times you do it, it will be a pain, but it'll get easier.

I do the Generic SOA Paper with every prospect/client. Then, when I know who I am going to use, I explain to them that the Verification Call is the individual companies CYA, and that they (the consumer) just has to verify the same information that we covered on the paper SOA.

I explain it is a small inconvenience for ensuring their proper plan enrollment. Never had a person bristle. Seniors have worked with contracts before (mortgages, loan agreements, etc.), and they fully understand why they must do this.

If you talk to seniors with respect and give them information, they can make pretty wise decisions.

Thanks for the help. I was concerned every client who might possibly go with Wellcare PDP would need to call in for the SOA before I meet with them. That would be a nightmare.

Back