wellcare commissions and contract

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
hi all. new here. wrote a ton of bz. on mapd plans for wellcare and wondering if you folks have had problems getting paid?

also, in general on ma plans, wellcare has a 12 month, where as the other companies have a 3 month. wellcare changed their contract from bz. staying on the books for 3 months to 12!!! any other companies do that too, that you know of?

\tx. in advance for your responses. i am utterly disgusted with the selling season momentarily so any input from you kind folks is most appreciative and hopefully will be motivating.[/quote]

Wellcare has made it clear that they are not cutting any commish checks until the end of January 07. They are cutting those checks now. Furthermore if you have eff dates after Feb you will not get paid until after the eff date.

yup, they've sure made that clear. i'm wondering r any of u getting all of your money from each case (AFTER CMS APPROVED AND GAVE $$$ TO THE OTHER COMPANIES) or are they giving you a bit here and and a bit there for each of your cases just to shut your trap?

I know when i looked into Wellcare that was made clear to me that we would not get paid until well after CMS approved it... one of the reasons i did not sign up with them. Im sorry you have had a bad experience --
i signed up with Coventry thru Senior Market Sales and we get paid weekly --- and thru Medicare Supplement Insurance Services -- after 10 applications on the books -- they advance on submission -- i hate to wait to get paid

The rule of thumb is that you get paid on the 2nd month after the effective date.

Looks like Wellcare bit off more then it can chew and does not want any more apps. Rather then close enrollment and get a bad rap from the public, they would rather make it unattractable for agents to sell. They do not loose face and do not have to worry about a lot of apps.

thank you maryj and midwest for your input. midwest, i pmed you. please read when you get a moment and respond. and maryj, i learned about senior market sales after i contracted with a different fmo. so i was a bit late on them. i have a few pdp companies with them though.. .and still waiting to get paid on that too!!! wtf... it's like delay payment for me or what...?!?! i don't understand. have any of you gotten payed on your pdp apps from coventry? how about cigna?

for Cigna -- i was paid yesterday from Senior Market Sales 50% of what i was owed.. they had not recieved the payment yet from Cigna but fronted the monies anyway --- on Conventry pdp they are paying on Feb 15 -- but on the pffs for Conventry they have already paid, and pay weekly
so if you have sold Coventry pffs === they paid already
and depending on who your imo is, you can change,, one thing i learned is == i was with the assurance group == they had signed me up as a blanket signup with the whole company, because of this i was able to get out of the contract and go with my choosing --

Mary

hi again Mary. They paid me partially for cigna which was really cool on the CEO's part. So some +$$$ is good but I won't lie; wish I had all what was owed to me thus far!!

midwestbroker said:
Looks like Wellcare bit off more then it can chew and does not want any more apps. Rather then close enrollment and get a bad rap from the public, they would rather make it unattractable for agents to sell. They do not loose face and do not have to worry about a lot of apps.

I can assure you that is not correct.

Any questions on WellCare I would be glad to answer them.

WellCare FMO said:
midwestbroker said:

I can assure you that is not correct.

Any questions on WellCare I would be glad to answer them.

oooohhh don't tell "honestagent" you're here.

Back