WellCare Do Ya or Don't?

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
I like the WellCare MA / MAPD plans in certain counties.

Not sure I want to be a metal duck at the county fair with some 12 year old freckle faced beebe gun shooter taking shots at me. It's enough to keep clients, CMS, state regulators and carriers happy. If I sell a 2008 WellCare today, I may have to talk to my lawyers tomorrow.

I wish some guy from Omaha would step-up and purchase WellCare!

So, what would you do for 2008?

Sell or stay away?

My FMO terminated my contract just in time this year. (I've warned everyone about Bob Bever and RB Insurance in other threads about bad FMOs).

I was going to recontract until the FBI raided them. There is nothing so good about their plans that its worth using a company under federal review.

I'm contacting all of my WellCare clients and advising them about the raid, including all the people in their PDP plans.

Although there is no REAL risk with this company paying claims eventually, there is a REAL risk of claim problems. And how many providers will refuse to continue be deemed?

Rick

Wellcare is primarily an HMO in Louisiana that is looking to expand but apparently they are strong as a PFFS in other states.

My FMO terminated my contract just in time this year. (I've warned everyone about Bob Bever and RB Insurance in other threads about bad FMOs).

I was going to recontract until the FBI raided them. There is nothing so good about their plans that its worth using a company under federal review.

I'm contacting all of my WellCare clients and advising them about the raid, including all the people in their PDP plans.

Although there is no REAL risk with this company paying claims eventually, there is a REAL risk of claim problems. And how many providers will refuse to continue be deemed?

Rick

Be careful what you say to clients about the wellcare raid. I got a notice from a different MA carrier saying it is against rules to use the "raid" or talk bad about wellcare because of it. I don't see why. It is public info. I am getting sick of all these damn rules. I am going back to work at rent a center :D:D:D

Be careful what you say to clients about the wellcare raid. I got a notice from a different MA carrier saying it is against rules to use the "raid" or talk bad about wellcare because of it. I don't see why. It is public info. I am getting sick of all these damn rules. I am going back to work at rent a center :D:D:D

In the MA business this is correct, I don't think you can talk about other carriers, but I haven't looked at the regs lately on that since it hasn't come up in a long time.

I'm tired of all the regulations designed to keep people in the dark. I ask my clients what medication they take. I make recommendations and point out if a carrier might have some financial or other difficulties. I take the time to make sure their doctor is deemed.

I have a fiduciary obligation to put my clients' best interest first and I do a damn fine job of it.

I won't enroll someone in WellCare because I don't trust the company. In this case, they are guilty until proven innocent. I take the position that if I won't use a product for my mother, I won't use it for anyone else. And I sure as hell won't use a company that was raided by the FBI.

If that attitude gets me in trouble with CMS I'll have to live with it.

Rick

I'm tired of all the regulations designed to keep people in the dark. I ask my clients what medication they take. I make recommendations and point out if a carrier might have some financial or other difficulties. I take the time to make sure their doctor is deemed.

I have a fiduciary obligation to put my clients' best interest first and I do a damn fine job of it.

I won't enroll someone in WellCare because I don't trust the company. In this case, they are guilty until proven innocent. I take the position that if I won't use a product for my mother, I won't use it for anyone else. And I sure as hell won't use a company that was raided by the FBI.

If that attitude gets me in trouble with CMS I'll have to live with it.

Rick

This is America the last time I checked and you are innocent until proven quilty. They still are regulated by CMS and untill CMS cancels their contract they have a great plan in my area. The U.S. Dept. of Justice has even said that the investigation "does not directly concern, nor should it have any impact on, the delivery of healthcare service to any person"

It is against CMS rules to talk about other plans. I do tell clients about the FBI raiding the HQ but that CMS has not termed their product. If it bothers them, I will talk about Unicare or Todays Options.

In my opinion the fact that they are under the radar will have them working that much harder to make sure things go smoothly as possible.

I also feel that the benefits are so stong that I would be doing a dis-service not offering this plan to my existing clients. I have over 500 Humana Gold Choice clients that the Sonata pan blows out of the water. Humana posts record earnings and then makes their plan weaker.

You take the time to make sure their Dr. are deemed? Well I do that also but you also tell your cients that they may be deemed today but tomorrow that can change...right? Also I have talked with Wellcare provider relations and they are stepping up by getting Drs. to stay deemed for 60 days from the time they last saw them. This is something that none of the other companies are doing as far as I have heard.

My clients are excited about the Dental, vision and hearing benefits that Wellcare offer.

My clients have been calling me asking about this plan and I have had only 1 person decide not to get it out of 30 appointments.

Bottom line....I let them make the decision to join or not.:yes::no:

This is America the last time I checked and you are innocent until proven quilty. They still are regulated by CMS and untill CMS cancels their contract they have a great plan in my area. The U.S. Dept. of Justice has even said that the investigation "does not directly concern, nor should it have any impact on, the delivery of healthcare service to any person"

It is against CMS rules to talk about other plans. I do tell clients about the FBI raiding the HQ but that CMS has not termed their product. If it bothers them, I will talk about Unicare or Todays Options.

In my opinion the fact that they are under the radar will have them working that much harder to make sure things go smoothly as possible.

I also feel that the benefits are so stong that I would be doing a dis-service not offering this plan to my existing clients. I have over 500 Humana Gold Choice clients that the Sonata pan blows out of the water. Humana posts record earnings and then makes their plan weaker.

You take the time to make sure their Dr. are deemed? Well I do that also but you also tell your cients that they may be deemed today but tomorrow that can change...right? Also I have talked with Wellcare provider relations and they are stepping up by getting Drs. to stay deemed for 60 days from the time they last saw them. This is something that none of the other companies are doing as far as I have heard.

My clients are excited about the Dental, vision and hearing benefits that Wellcare offer.

My clients have been calling me asking about this plan and I have had only 1 person decide not to get it out of 30 appointments.

Bottom line....I let them make the decision to join or not.:yes::no:
It's obvious that both of us are extremely ethical when dealing with clients. Fortunately I can take the "high road" with WellCare because they have very little to offer in California.

And of course I point out that doctors can change their minds and stop accepting the plan.

Good luck with your clients this year.

Rick

Back