Wellcare Incompetence

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Just when you think it can't get worse . . . it does.

Client moved out of state. Contacted me yesterday, frantic because her #Wellcare PDP was cancelled.

She moved mid June. Contacted them direct, not SS. Wellcare flunkie told her it was not a problem and they would issue a new policy.

A few weeks later they send a letter informing her they cancelled her coverage as of the end of June.

I was on my way out of town and couldn't call. All discussion via email. I asked for copies of any letters and other correspondence from Wellcare. Also needed to know if her premium is deducted from SS or bank account.

When I had a chance I went on Mcare.gov and discovered Wellcare DOES in fact have a plan in her area. Was ready to email her same but she had spent the afternoon on the phone with them and they promised to reinstate coverage.

And today I get an email about Envision with "U S based customer service" and plans under $16.

Client moved out of state. Contacted me yesterday, frantic because her #Wellcare PDP was cancelled.

She moved mid June. Contacted them direct, not SS. Wellcare flunkie told her it was not a problem and they would issue a new policy.

A few weeks later they send a letter informing her they cancelled her coverage as of the end of June.

I was on my way out of town and couldn't call. All discussion via email. I asked for copies of any letters and other correspondence from Wellcare. Also needed to know if her premium is deducted from SS or bank account.

When I had a chance I went on Mcare.gov and discovered Wellcare DOES in fact have a plan in her area. Was ready to email her same but she had spent the afternoon on the phone with them and they promised to reinstate coverage.

And today I get an email about Envision with "U S based customer service" and plans under $16.

Wellcare and Comcast share office space in the Phillipines!!! :D

Deliver us!

yankee466 said:

Wellcare and Comcast share office space in the Phillipines!!!

Dear Lord, it wouldn't happen to be in "Alaskaland", would it? If so, I worked for those *%$#@!& in their PA office. Their Corporate office is in FL.

Last fall I went back to the local call center very part time and they "accidentally" took my Aetna contract (I was assigned to a Blues carrier). It took months of fighting to get it back under the correct hierarchy and they didn't care, not one bit.

The account I was assigned to took calls after they had already been transferred at least two-three times from the Phillippines. Beneficiaries were fuming by the time they got to us. And they had Wellcare at my site, too and lost them at that location, at least temporarily but they may be back.

They are by far the worst company I have ever personally dealt with. Contracting was a nightmare. To quote Charles Barclay, their agent support is "turrible" and every client that has had to call their customer service for something has called me wanting to get rid of them.

HOWEVER, the PURL enrollment that you can email to clients for self enrollment and their low premiums and zero to low co-pays for generics, keeps me selling them. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself.

If they don't become as 1 star plan I would be shocked.

Found one good thing they are good at. Releasing agents out of their contract.

I have a local up line who is saying they don’t want to release me until after AEP and mostly just ignore my calls. So I called my local Wellcare rep and she said I can log into their Wellcare producer portal and go to agent workflow and change my hierarchy.
If my current upline refused to release me, wellcare will auto release me within 7-10 business days.

Found one good thing they are good at. Releasing agents out of their contract.

I have a local up line who is saying they don’t want to release me until after AEP and mostly just ignore my calls. So I called my local Wellcare rep and she said I can log into their Wellcare producer portal and go to agent workflow and change my hierarchy.
If my current upline refused to release me, wellcare will auto release me within 7-10 business days.

Chazm is right. Wellcare is actually the easiest carrier to get a release from because they allow you to change your hierarchy. It is up to your up line to either provide the release or ignore it. Either way, you will get your release. Other MA carriers aren't as easy.

Back