Wellcare Incompetence

Yay for one positive.
Back to the service angle. I had to recertify with Wellcare to keep my larger Aetna PDP book. and the ones I moved to the lowest cost 2019 plan out of optimism. That was then.... I put folks in Aeta PDP, the lowest cost 2018 plan and started using them more again after Q1 2019 to try to avoid more service issues before I realized where they would wind up, back in Wellcare.
Wellcare's CEO has a short video in the recert course, saying "We heard you" about service issues. They have some improvements in their tech, etc for 2020. Will see how it goes.

I rarely post but the WellCare software is so bad I am compelled to comment. I spent time and effort to get contracted since they look so good online, only to find I cannot write electronic apps due to the plan selection changing from the plan the client chose and wants. Unless they save $500+ a year I am going to the next best plan. This has been a nightmare. I will not send in a paper application and hope it gets issued for $40 a year.

Talk of Incompetence ! I don't see the doctor's name in the directory. However, the doctor office confirm they do take WellCare patients
I calls the area representative and she states that, " doctor ..so so ....does take some plans". I try all the plans and the doctor's name does not appear.
I don't do paper.app. I learned the hard way.
I need the doctor's ID# to complete the application.
That is the only plan in that area with 0 copay on a doctor visit and 3500 moop.

Back