Wellcare Melody availability

My FMO is telling me the Melody plan is available in all states and is a commissionable product for 2009. I can't get Wellcare to return my calls.

Have any of you recieved verification from Wellcare?

My FMO is telling me the Melody plan is available in all states and is a commissionable product for 2009. I can't get Wellcare to return my calls.

Have any of you recieved verification from Wellcare?

Yes, I got that verification 2 weeks ago. As you know, we were told during recertification that it was only available in a few states.

It is now available almost everywhere that Wellcare has plans. It can't be effective for Dec. 1, even for the duals. It has to be for a Jan 1, 2009 effective date. You go to Wellcare's PFFS site and look at the plans for 2009 and you pull up the state and county where you have the question of availability. If it shows Melody available there, you can sell it there.

I lost a couple of enrollees last week because I had told them in Oct. that Melody wasn't available in their county. When I call them back to tell them it was, they had already enrolled on line. He said that since I had told him it wasn't available, he thought it was a deal where you could only get it direct.

I did enroll a couple of people in Melody last week here in Ky. They let me enroll them and Wellcare has said it is commissionable. I'll let you know if I get paid.

That doesn't say anything about Wellcare's PFFS plans and that's what Melody is.
It says a great deal about the company itself and basically I wouldn't trust them to pay their claims. If they are being dramatically downgraded for a managed care plan (HMO), how solvent will they be for their FFS plans?

There would have to be a very good reason to sell a carrier that isn't covered under my E&O.

If you want to sell them, then go ahead. I prefer to use companies that I would recommened to my mother, and WellCare certainly isn't one of them.

Rick

It says a great deal about the company itself and basically I wouldn't trust them to pay their claims. If they are being dramatically downgraded for a managed care plan (HMO), how solvent will they be for their FFS plans?

There would have to be a very good reason to sell a carrier that isn't covered under my E&O.

If you want to sell them, then go ahead. I prefer to use companies that I would recommened to my mother, and WellCare certainly isn't one of them.

Rick

I've never written a MA plan(have always written med-supps). I may get my first chance next Monday. Just made an appt. with a lady that has a Wellcare HMO...paying $29 a month. There isn't a hospital in her county on their network. AARP MedicareComplete looks like a good option for her(2 hospitals in her county on network)....premium is reduced from $29 a month to zero...granted, she'll need a PDP w/the plan choice 3, but AdvantraRX value plan saves money(cost is only $23/mth.).

Reading the article about Wellcare's downgrade should help too.

MA with PDP

Russ, you do know, don't you that you can't put someone on a MA only HMO/PPO plan and a stand alone PDP, right?

The only combination that works is a MA only PFFS plan and a stand alone PDP.

The way your comments talk about network leads me to believe you are trying to go with the first combination. CMS will not allow a MA CCP with a stand alone PDP.

Just the facts.

Re: MA with PDP

Russ, you do know, don't you that you can't put someone on a MA only HMO/PPO plan and a stand alone PDP, right?

The only combination that works is a MA only PFFS plan and a stand alone PDP.

The way your comments talk about network leads me to believe you are trying to go with the first combination. CMS will not allow a MA CCP with a stand alone PDP.

Just the facts.

I didn't know that...thanks for telling me.

She has just about decided to get off of her MA w/Wellcare and get a med-supp w/a PDP plan. I just got off of the phone with her...she is suppose to call me back within a week to 10 days.

The MA PPO I talked with her about....AARP Secure Horizons....didn't have her doctor in their network and she decided to keep the MA plan she has. Now she is seriously thinking about getting on a med-supp and PDP. She goes out-of-state 2-3 times a year visiting a sick sister and her MA plan would leave her well short if she has to use it when she's at her sisters.

Back