Wellcare Pdp Low Performing Plan Sep

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
I remember that at one time clients could drop out of wellcare PDP. Does anyone know if this is still the case? They have a 2.5 star rating in Medicare.gov or maybe since the member gets a one time SEP whenever because wellcare was a low performing plan at ONE time, regardless of whether they got their act straight. For state of MO. Medicare.gov and wellcare customer service were a waste of an hour of my time.

Yes it has to be 3 years in a row but it wouldn't shock me if they haven't got their act together. They are 2.5 now and were under 3 a few years back. Anyone have a resource that shows past star ratings?

Yes it has to be 3 years in a row but it wouldn't shock me if they haven't got their act together. They are 2.5 now and were under 3 a few years back. Anyone have a resource that shows past star ratings?

Just look them up on Medicare.gov. The plan would have a low performing indicator next to it. If it is low performing, people on the plan should have gotten a letter back in Oct. If anyone enrolled onto the plan during AEP, they should have gotten a letter last month.

Remember, agents can't use the SEP. They'd have to call Medicare to use it.

Back