WellCare saga

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Who is having enrollment nightmares like me?

Lost apps
No signature when there is one
Can't set up EFT from paper app
Not getting billing right .

F this company!

I’ve never written for them. Looks like I have to certify next year to keep Aetna PDP renewals. Heard quite a few bad things about them. Sorry for your headaches.

They were fine up until they came out with this new pdp the same year they decided to make their MAPD plan refund $131/month. Combine that with a small enrollment department and they screwed the pooch.

Once I got my PURL, I didn't have any issue. It does take a few days for anything to show up in their system. As far as I know, those who I sent my link (PURL) showed up on my agent dashboard.

their star rating will drop. the rollout of this new PDP has been horrible. I put dozens of clients in it, and regret it. I have got many phone calls saying that the premium will not be taken out of the SS check (when it was specifically set up that way) and several never received PDP cards.

I have always been reluctant to write WellCare. This is only a reminder why.

This was my worry with them also. Right now it appears everything has worked smoothly, but I have only put 10-12 clients with them because it took a while to get the PURL working during AEP. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

SilverScript went through this years ago, but came out strong after the sanctions. I'm not sure that will happen with Wellcare, especially knowing they have the Aetna PDP book rolling over in 2020. Could be difficult to make all that go smoothly. Time will tell

Back