WellCare saga

Calls go to India or a similar country and then they forward me back and forth without fixing the problem...

Even if wellcare made the mistake, its still not getting fixed.

I spam email the district managers to get it resolved and usually just end up sending in a 2nd app because I don't have time to fight all day.

Calls go to India or a similar country and then they forward me back and forth without fixing the problem...

Even if wellcare made the mistake, its still not getting fixed.

I spam email the district managers to get it resolved and usually just end up sending in a 2nd app because I don't have time to fight all day.

This is not new for them It is one of the reasons I stopped selling them 3 or 4 years ago

Instructing everyone with problems to file a complaint. Everyone no exceptions. Problems either get corrected or Wellcare gets shut down.
Wellcare must make it mandatory to be able to speak or understand English. Fired on the spot if you can't !

Last edited:
I'm on hold with them right now. I had to do a paper app because the client is virtually deaf, and they screwed up his Medicare number and the application was rejected by CMS. Instead of their amazingly adroit Enrollment Department checking my crystal-clear application and correcting it, they fired off a letter to the client saying they have no proof that he has Medicare Parts A and B (!). He didn't understand the letter and did not respond. I was never notified.

Only after 1/1/19 did he call to complain he never got his card. I spent 3 1/2 hours last week getting bounced around from one incorrect department to another, and finally was told he is SOL because he did not respond to the letter.

Fortunately he's in an MAPD which he wanted to terminate. I already sold him a Med supp. Had to move the effective date from 1/1/19 to 2/1/19. Took a second app using the OEP as an election reason. Now the new app is almost a week old and says "pending." Maybe when someone finally answers I will find out if they want this business or not.

Same damned thing as happened with SilverScript a while back. Hello, CMS sanctions?

Furthermore, I'm getting bombarded with calls from clients who are sick of waiting on hold for an hour to get a question answered, no card received, etc.

With wellcare apps, I make sure I keep checking on them because of reasons like that.

I had a dual (medi medi) rejected, they said the Medicaid is not active (it was). I called back and they finally after 3 days agreed that they screwed up and client should have been approved.

With all that agreement, they still don't correct it. For some reason a new app solves all problems with them.

Back