Wellcare silver lining...?

This. From what I understand, the companies are forced to offer at least a few different PDP plans by the government, if they offer Medicare Advantage plans.

Many of them don’t actually want to offer prescription drugs plans…..especially after this year.
Lots of companies have Medicare Advantage but no PDP's Elevance (Anthem) has a slew of those, not a single PDP among them. PDP's were a business model that worked, and this year it doesn't.

They profit on MAPD. Why would they? They don’t want the PDP biz.
Now, if the govt gets more involved and makes MAPD not profitable, then yes, goodbye renewals.
A couple of years ago at Humana Georgia meeting the manager basically said this exact thing. They wanted MAPD and others could have the PDP.

Lots of companies have Medicare Advantage but no PDP's Elevance (Anthem) has a slew of those, not a single PDP among them. PDP's were a business model that worked, and this year it doesn't.
Anthem has two PDPs here in California. Under the name "Anthem Blue Cross."

They have premiums of $135.60 (with $120 deductible on some drugs) and $164.90 (with $590 deductible on all drugs). Sign me up!

Unless my notes are wrong, in 2021, one of Anthem's plans here was $26.10, one of the cheapest that year. What gave me pause about the plan was Tier 3 was 20%, when most PDPs were still charging a copay on Tier 3 that ranged from as little as $30, to the low 40s for most, with a couple of plans charging the maximum allowed for the tier, $47.

By now most plans in CA have moved Tier 3 to coinsurance.

I got the official Wellcare Eff You email today and it occurred to me out of the blue... there is no reason to waste any precious minutes on 2025 certs for WC now. Right?
I got a cert request from MOO last week. Something to do with something they're doing with WC.

I've never had WC and never intend to. I've known for a long time now that they could screw up a one car funeral.

But I decided to do the cert. 30 questions, 85% to pass and unlimited attempts. And a 24 hr lock before another attempt.

I took it four nights in a row, deliberately flunking it each time.

Took it last night for the 5th time and screwed up and passed.

Now I'm totally screwed.

Latest posts

Back