We're safe for another 4

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
If anyone's been trying to follow the details of Obama's plan - good luck. I don't even think Obama knows the details of his plan.

From what I put together both from his site, speeches and debates this is his plan:

1) Group stays intact
2) Individual stays intact
3) Uninsurables can buy into a gov't GI plan
4) Fines for parents who don't insure their kids
5) Fines for "large" businesses that don't offer coverage

Survey says? Yeah...right. Another 4 years of job protection. Obama wants to pool the sickest people in America together? Ok.

Fines for corporations? Fines for parents? Not a shot in hell.

I wonder whether we're going to have to build additional prisons to keep the adults who choose not to pay for the government plan....

If anyone's been trying to follow the details of Obama's plan - good luck. I don't even think Obama knows the details of his plan.

From what I put together both from his site, speeches and debates this is his plan:

1) Group stays intact
2) Individual stays intact
3) Uninsurables can buy into a gov't GI plan
4) Fines for parents who don't insure their kids
5) Fines for "large" businesses that don't offer coverage

Survey says? Yeah...right. Another 4 years of job protection. Obama wants to pool the sickest people in America together? Ok.

Fines for corporations? Fines for parents? Not a shot in hell.

Although there are several non-partisan studies from consumer watch groups, the info I will be using comes from the Lewin Group:

McCain's Healthcare program will result in a decrease of 5.4m people from government roles, while increasing private insurance by 26.5m. His program emphasizes consumer-driven health plans (CDHP), so this would be good for IFP agents.

Obama's program will increase government insurance by 48.3m, while decreasing private insurance by 21.6m people. This would be good for Medicare-style sales agents since the FEHBP model is Obama's core concept.

McCain's program is estimated to reduce the uninsured by 21.1m, while Obama's by 26.6m. Basically, Obama's plan will virtually eliminate state hi-risk pools, since his program demands carriers to ignore pre-ex. (Heaven help the people... the only recourse for carriers will be to raise premiums!) On the other hand, McCain's program will provide incentives for employer's to implement IFP that are not currently offered. Either way, both candidate's programs will result in increased insurance sales.

The list goes on, but the bottom line for us agents, is business will be good. The bottom line for the US economy is bleak and getting bleaker. How will we pay for these programs? Both candidates are ignoring the basic fact that we, as a nation, are drowning in a sea of red ink.

The only way to turn around our economy is to reduce spending... and that means entitlements must go, along with other measures. If, after November is gone and reality begins to sink in, then this picture may change for us agents. If you are optomistic... the glass is half full. If you are pessimistic... the glass is half empty.

FactCheck.org: Health Care Spin

The only way to turn around our economy is to reduce spending... and that means entitlements must go, along with other measures. If, after November is gone and reality begins to sink in, then this picture may change for us agents. If you are optomistic... the glass is half full. If you are pessimistic... the glass is half empty.

FactCheck.org: Health Care Spin

Thanks for the info. I always see the glass half full, eventhough the Medicare Style Agency is not appealing to me, Health Insuance sales were not appealing to me 5 years ago, and now I couldn't do with out it.

I don't know why the politicians couldn't focus on something more meaninful to families such as ticket prices at the movies and caps on how much they can charge at the concession stands.

A thing like that wouldn't cost the taxpayers as much and all the kids could have fun. It sounds ridiculous, but the burden of all of those extra health care dollars, much of which will go to waste on government oversight and plans for people that probably wouldn't need them, could put smiles on the faces of children and adults all over the US. Adding this healthcare entitlement program spells big $$ and little will change. Tell people that can't afford $15+ per head for movies and popcorn that its free up to X income and then the subsidy ends at say household income of $100k based on number of children etc. well anyway, you get the idea.

Along those same lines . . .

Given what happened in Hawaii, is there any reason to believe a federal health plan would

1) Offset the migration from self-pay plans to taxpayer funded (free) plans

2) Cover everyone, including illegal immigrants and high income ($73k in HI) earners

and

3) Last longer than 7 months

As far as fines for employers, it's for larger employers. The biggest Abuser of state health programs has been WALMART. That language is directed at that type of organization.

What was found in many states was the cost of caring for walmart's employees was eliminating revenues from walmart taxes.

I'm all for it for that type of employer. Sorry, but I have been subsidizing walmart employees in my state for a while now. When five of the richest 10 americans won't insure their employees ...

And yes, I know they've recently introduced health plans for their employees... cause they're such kind hearted folks...

As far as fines for employers, it's for larger employers. The biggest Abuser of state health programs has been WALMART. That language is directed at that type of organization.

What was found in many states was the cost of caring for walmart's employees was eliminating revenues from walmart taxes.

I'm all for it for that type of employer. Sorry, but I have been subsidizing walmart employees in my state for a while now. When five of the richest 10 americans won't insure their employees ...

And yes, I know they've recently introduced health plans for their employees... cause they're such kind hearted folks...
I just checked and I can't find any clause in the Constitution requiring a business to provide health insurance.

Rick

"I just checked and I can't find any clause in the Constitution requiring a business to provide health insurance"

or wages or anything for that matter...
right?

Back