Western Southern Life Company-Good Company or Not

mslady

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any information on Western Southern Life? I am currently thinking about contracting with them and being as I am very green to the insurance world, I was wondering if they were a good company to start with?

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any information on Western Southern Life? I am currently thinking about contracting with them and being as I am very green to the insurance world, I was wondering if they were a good company to start with?

WSL is a solid company and a good place to learn to sell. They have a very structured detailed training program and very close supervision. A lot of people don't like this but if you stay with them long enough you will have the tools to succeed in this business long term. WSL is more of what I term a second tier company not in as upscale market as Metlife, MM, NWML, or NYL and not as well known. WSL may not be where you want to stay long term but it is definitely a better place to start then the Duck or Bankers.

Last edited:
Thank you! I really appreciate that. What would you recommend to for someone new to the business to really focus on? I am really dedicated to making this a career for myself and I just want to make sure I do everything I can do to succeed.

Thank you! I really appreciate that. What would you recommend to for someone new to the business to really focus on? I am really dedicated to making this a career for myself and I just want to make sure I do everything I can do to succeed.

Learn your products and get in front of people and talk to them and find their need. What your market needs, what you enjoy, and what is profitable should become obvious to you. Don't try to do everything, find what you are good at.

Learn your products and get in front of people and talk to them and find their need. What your market needs, what you enjoy, and what is profitable should become obvious to you. Don't try to do everything, find what you are good at.

Preach it! Right ON!!! Find your niche and stick with it.

I agree with Xrac from personal experience worked for them 6 months 2 years ago when changing from P&C to Life and Health. Great place to start education priceless but hard to make a decent salary mainly because of the contract design. Here in Atlanta they were a hard sell no name recognition and the book that they give you has been worked by the previous 10 agents.

I agree with Xrac from personal experience worked for them 6 months 2 years ago when changing from P&C to Life and Health. Great place to start education priceless but hard to make a decent salary mainly because of the contract design. Here in Atlanta they were a hard sell no name recognition and the book that they give you has been worked by the previous 10 agents.

What do you mean as far as it ws hard to make decent salary? What is their commission structure like? I have a meeting with them this upcoming wednesday where they will be discussing the commission structure and pay. The office that I have been speaking with says that for the last two years that they are #1 for the number of agents, policies submitted, policies paid for, and #2 for amount of premium/commissions submitted, and amount of commissions paid for. Is that a good indicator that this would be a good office to be out of? I've read alot of posts about bad offices and bad management so I am curious what you all think.

i just left the office here in pittsburgh. i am in the same position you are. the manager here told me that his agents all do very well. he also explained to me that the managers want you to do well because there earnings are greatly affected by it.

Back