Western-Southern Life

jhepner

I recently went through the extensive interview process with Western-Southern and the sales manager wants me to start at the beginning of August. I still need to take my state test and get certified. I plan on taking the 2-Day Accelerated Class.

However; before I spend the money and leave my current 4 year job... is this a good company to work for? The pay sounds like it can be great (depending on how motivated and goal oriented I am). I currently manage a team in a sale call center, so I have phone experience and have done sales face to face in the past.

What are your recommendations? I like the idea of "running my own business" and finding my own prospects and networking to get my name out there... but how difficult is this? What are your 1st year stories? Was it rough your first year? Any advice?

W&S is an old reliable established company. More than likely, your leads will consist primarily of current policyholders with no assigned agents. And many (some) of the policyholders will be fairly old and also may have surrendered an old policy to purchase a new one.

Perhaps a good stepping stone for you, but don't ever expect to make a six-figure income there.

I agree. Probably a good place to start and learn some basics if they have a good local manager. Don't plant roots there because you can go independent in a year or two and do much better.

If you work there and just consider it your education, you will do well there. Your first year goal should be to learn. Later your goal will be to earn.

I agree. Probably a good place to start and learn some basics if they have a good local manager. Don't plant roots there because you can go independent in a year or two and do much better.

If you work there and just consider it your education, you will do well there. Your first year goal should be to learn. Later your goal will be to earn.

Based upon what I know about Western Southern Newby is giving good advice. They have a very well defined training program and if you start with them and stay 1-3 years you will learn to sell or drop out but once you learn to sell you can make more money elsewhere.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still having a difficult time deciding to stay with my current job or take the chance with Western Southern. I know better than to assume I'll be making 6 figures there. My goal is just to make 40K or more my first year...

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still having a difficult time deciding to stay with my current job or take the chance with Western Southern. I know better than to assume I'll be making 6 figures there. My goal is just to make 40K or more my first year...

I think $40,000 or more is doable but tough. I think $25-$40,000 will catch 90% of the people who surivive the first year with Western Southern. Anybody been there done that with WS?

used to work for western and southern, I would not advise it. If you are going to be a captive agent go to Metlife, NML or New York Life

Back