Western-Southern Life

Northwestern Mutual. The Quiet Company. But if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't know...

I was just wondering to myself, how a person arrives at a point of distress or misery where they have to answer a question like that...?

After pondering the question... I couldn't arrive at an answer. The equation is too abstract to work into a meaningful resolution.

I started out with Western Southern and I can tell you one thing. Your experience will vary greatly from office to office. If you have a good manager, you will make very good money. 40-50k first year is reasonable.

Some accounts have had several agents in the past few years, but you can still get a lot of referrals and sales from them. If you want advice on how, PM me and I'll get you in touch with the right people there.

I started out with Western Southern and I can tell you one thing. Your experience will vary greatly from office to office. If you have a good manager, you will make very good money. 40-50k first year is reasonable.

Some accounts have had several agents in the past few years, but you can still get a lot of referrals and sales from them. If you want advice on how, PM me and I'll get you in touch with the right people there.

I couldn't agree more with the comment about having a good sales manager I'd also add a good DSM. I started with them many years ago and made close to $30k (in 1982 dollars) in 9 months. Then the dsm was moved and my Sales manager was promoted out of the office... the office fell apart...

I agree that the management is a very important thing to consider. I am a W&S rep and I just wanted to let any one who is on the fence that we have a new commision contract starting in Jan. It is very exciting. If you can sell you will make money. Every thing that was once considered a negative with our contract has been addressed. Just letting people know.

Some people will have a great experience and some will not.. It will most likely depend on your manager and the branch office you are working out of. It also depends on what you are looking for? Are you looking for a great place to learn for a few years, or are you looking to become a "company man" and stay your enitre career at Western?

Just trust your gut feeling and make a decision.

Back