Westwood Insurance Agency / Praetorian Insurance / QBE

Chris James

Do any of you know anything about this company? I had my homeowner's policy with them until I cancelled yesterday. They are 100% non-responsive at this point. I am in the process of refinancing, and my mortgage company tried to contact them for over a week with no response. I gave them until 5PM yesterday to respond...crickets. You can't get in touch with anybody on the phone, and the phone tree directs you to email them. There is absolutely nobody responding to emails. I wonder if they have gone out of business. Regardless, I intend to contact the North Carolina Department of Insurance about them.

What does your insurance agent say, have they had trouble reaching them? What was their recommendation? If a carrier went under they would be the first to know and would probably have a good idea of where to roll your policy.

I am confused by your post.

Did you Cancel with them because you can't get a hold of anyone or our you upset that you cannot get a confirmation of the cancellation?

Last edited:
I am confused by your post.

Did you Cancel with them because you can't get a hold of anyone or did you Cancel with them and cannot get confirmation of the cancellation?
I am going out on a limb here and guessing someone saved some money by buying direct and cutting out an agent and "self servicing" but is not happy with the service he chose. Otherwise why wouldn't an agent be helping now?

Back