Wet behind the ears

revcall

Hey everyone!

I just received my license this week. I've done funeral pre-need for a nation wide funeral business but I'm now looking at selling FE.

I've read a bit about NASB. Seems people's experiences vary depending on who is in their up-line. Any words of wisdom?

You want to learn several things before you sign up with anyone.

1. What commission levels are new agents supposed to get? Make sure you are not giving up part of your cut which is common with agencies that have new agents recruiting other new agents.

2. Make sure you were going to be trained by someone who has really been a huge producer themselves.

3. Make sure they have an open release policy.

4. Make sure you will know exactly how much you will pay for brand new direct mail Leads that are exclusive to you.

Read this thread. It explains a lot to brand new agents. Getting Started with FE Sales

Thank you for that! #3 and #4 are items I wouldn't know to examine had this forum not been here.

Thank you for that! #3 and #4 are items I wouldn't know to examine had this forum not been here.

You would be amazed at how many agents never even pay attention to #1 the commission levels. They just sign up blind.

Or they get sold on some fantasy that and Agency is going to have such good training for them that they should just give up some of their commissions and will make up for it by being trained so well. Which is a complete joke.

Any agency that you consider should have their complete grid first year and renewals posted right on their website the way you see on ours is there or should quickly email it to you the first time you ask. If they give you any more run around that (And they often do) you are dealing with people that are going to try to exploit your ignorance.

Back