What a great 'J O B'

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Joking of course. Not a Job at all.

Back in the Black and White days when I started the managers at John Hancock used to preach to us 'Treat it like a Job'! 'Get up every morning and report to work'! I understand what they meant and I agree with the work ethic part. Just not the employee slav'n for the man part.

It has been a while since but I used to drive myself into these slumps that were horrible. And in retrospect, they were all self-imposed. Taught me to switch it up from time to time. If I am burning out on the phones I run some F2F appointments. sometimes just client service calls. Which often turn into sales. Or more recently I just forward my office phone to my cell, load up my laptop and work vacay. This is definitely not a J O B. My upstairs AC went out a week ago, 108` that day. AC guy got it going then the Lower unit went out and the top unit died again. I was in a Forget This kind of mood.

I have been in a lazy funk kinda slump lately anyway. If I had a Job I would have been stuck here. Instead, my office moved to the Napa Valley for a couple of days, Food, Wine, Swimming pool, then down the PCH, some of the best views in the country, and Pismo Beach area a couple of days for chillaxing. Answering calls and doing some business.

Work your business, but reap the rewards along the way.

Man, if this is a job I sure got lucky finding it. Hope no one finds out I am not qualified and fires me. Oh wait,,, I know the boss.

Joking of course. Not a Job at all.

Back in the Black and White days when I started the managers at John Hancock used to preach to us 'Treat it like a Job'! 'Get up every morning and report to work'! I understand what they meant and I agree with the work ethic part. Just not the employee slav'n for the man part.

It has been a while since but I used to drive myself into these slumps that were horrible. And in retrospect, they were all self-imposed. Taught me to switch it up from time to time. If I am burning out on the phones I run some F2F appointments. sometimes just client service calls. Which often turn into sales. Or more recently I just forward my office phone to my cell, load up my laptop and work vacay. This is definitely not a J O B. My upstairs AC went out a week ago, 108` that day. AC guy got it going then the Lower unit went out and the top unit died again. I was in a Forget This kind of mood.

I have been in a lazy funk kinda slump lately anyway. If I had a Job I would have been stuck here. Instead, my office moved to the Napa Valley for a couple of days, Food, Wine, Swimming pool, then down the PCH, some of the best views in the country, and Pismo Beach area a couple of days for chillaxing. Answering calls and doing some business.

Work your business, but reap the rewards along the way.

Man, if this is a job I sure got lucky finding it. Hope no one finds out I am not qualified and fires me. Oh wait,,, I know the boss.

Speaking of the PCH, the wife and I took a trip to Cali a couple of years ago. Started in Napa. Stayed there a few days. Took one day and rove down to San Fran and spent the entire day there. Drove over to Sonoma for a day. Went to see the Redwoods another day. When we left Napa, we drove down to Monterey and stayed there for a few days. Took a couple of day trips. One down the coast through Big Sur and ended at the Hearst Castle. One where we went to Carmel by the Sea and just spent the entire day there and watched the sunset at the beach.

In all we spent 9 days in Cali and it wasn't enough time. For anyone who's never been down the Pacific Coast Highway, do yourself a favor and book a two week trip and start at either end and just drive. Some of the most beautiful scenery you'll see in the states.

I'm jealous that you can just jump in the car and do that.

Speaking of the PCH, the wife and I took a trip to Cali a couple of years ago. Started in Napa. Stayed there a few days. Took one day and rove down to San Fran and spent the entire day there. Drove over to Sonoma for a day. Went to see the Redwoods another day. When we left Napa, we drove down to Monterey and stayed there for a few days. Took a couple of day trips. One down the coast through Big Sur and ended at the Hearst Castle. One where we went to Carmel by the Sea and just spent the entire day there and watched the sunset at the beach.

In all we spent 9 days in Cali and it wasn't enough time. For anyone who's never been down the Pacific Coast Highway, do yourself a favor and book a two week trip and start at either end and just drive. Some of the most beautiful scenery you'll see in the states.

I'm jealous that you can just jump in the car and do that.

You saw some of the wonders.

It is nice being able to have a sunrise breakfast in Yosemite overlooking Half Dome, having lunch in the Sequoia Redwoods and a glass of California wine watching the sunset into the Pacific along the PCH.

Although, I did pay over $5.00 gal for gas on the 101.

From AZ I have been in Georgia since June 3rd first time here beautiful people and country. My daughter playing for Phoenix College women's soccer ranked #1 the NCJAA DII National Championship game starts in about 90 minutes. A few inbounds and this age of doing business by phone is really cool. Spent last night Savannah River Front I highly recommend.

Back