What? A Potential Blow to Health Care Reform?!?!?

We may be in business after all!! How about this?

"As part of his proposed state budget, Gov. Patterson has proposed $770 million in new taxes on health insurance.

Included is a $1 tax on health insurance claims over $20 for self-insured plans. This is in addition to increases in the Covered Lives Assessment and the Patient Services Assessment that self-insured plans already pay, along with fully-insured plans.
"

Yes "the health guru" who was going to lead the charge for universal health care is done. Next.

If you want to be Joe blow and goof around on your taxes or hire "Rosalita" to be your maid without checking her papers, fine -you take the risk.

But it's simply surreal for me for anyone to be brazen enough to want to help RUN the country when they're a tax cheat.

Might have been part of the plan, do you really think they just found out?

Now Obama can buy himself more time, like his second term perhaps, and it doesn't seem like he's not keeping his word, a victim of circumstances.

If you want to be Joe blow and goof around on your taxes or hire "Rosalita" to be your maid without checking her papers, fine -you take the risk.

But it's simply surreal for me for anyone to be brazen enough to want to help RUN the country when they're a tax cheat.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is the best part:

Daschle also was facing questions about potential conflicts of interests related to the speaking fees he accepted from health care interests. Daschle also provided advice to health insurers and hospitals through his post-Senate work at a law firm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also find it interesting that Daschle was picked even though his own constituents voted him out of office two years ago. So the Obama camp picked a "has been" simply because he was considered at the time to be the most liberal member of the Senate. Daschle also made $5 million since he left the Senate doing speeches and advising? Nice work if you can get it. The guy is a tool.

No, actually tools are useful, to build things!!

I also find it interesting that Daschle was picked even though his own constituents voted him out of office two years ago. So the Obama camp picked a "has been" simply because he was considered at the time to be the most liberal member of the Senate. Daschle also made $5 million since he left the Senate doing speeches and advising? Nice work if you can get it. The guy is a tool.

Back