What Agency Management System/Software do you use?

vrracr

I own a P&C insurance agency and was curious what software other agents use. We have been in business for over 12 years so we have a decent-size book of business. We use Agency Pro by AgencySoftware.com but we are not happy with it at all. Its slow, not web-based, not very friendly when you want to go paperless and looks like something from 1990.

We have researched the following so far:
TAM by AppliedSystems.com
Aspire by Impowersoft.com
GBS
ITC
Quickfile
Hawksoft

There are probably a few others but these are the best ones according to my staff thus far. Pricing varies from almost $7k to right under $1k.

We do mostly commercial business, but have been doing a lot of home/auto recently. A comparative rater built in or somehow interfaced is a requirement in addition to the ability to pull various reports, etc.

any input or suggestions would be appreciated...but I would def like to see what the majority of you use. TIA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
well, i was going to create a poll for this but after typing everything in and submitting, i got a message stating that "a poll must be submitted within 1 minute of submitting a post"...i can't type that fast so nevermind i guess.

Last edited:
We use Insurance Pro (insurance pro online dot com) (sorry I still can't post a url) and completely love it. It is online and paperless and does everything that I want it to. It is a little limited for marketing campaigns but we also have a corporate agrement with NY Life and we combine the two for the best of both worlds. We bought a couple of years up front and were given a pretty good discount. ITC is continually updating their system and moving forward. We don't use the rater portion because I never liked them (always are a little incorrect). You might want to try quomation

I am also looking for a system too. I like EbixAPS dot com so far,( web based) and I know Iroquois recommeds them as well. I like to hear from someone who actually has been using it.Thanks

I use ACT. It's not an insurance specific program, but you can customize it. I particularly like that you do not lease it. They release a new version each year for about $99 per computer. I have found ti to be adequate and we have several thousand customers.

I use ACT. It's not an insurance specific program, but you can customize it. I particularly like that you do not lease it. They release a new version each year for about $99 per computer. I have found ti to be adequate and we have several thousand customers.

Is it web based? I just want a system accessible from anywhere for me and my agents. I love it there is no monthly fee.That's what I am looking for.Most other systems are not really affordable for new agencies.Thanks

Is it web based? I just want a system accessible from anywhere for me and my agents. I love it there is no monthly fee.That's what I am looking for.Most other systems are not really affordable for new agencies.Thanks

They may have a web-based version. I agree that many clinet management systems are very expensive. Check out www.act.com.

I would also like to know who is using what, and also the associated cost. Some of the systems are so unaffordable its ridiculous. I am considering opening my own shop soon, and want something solid, especially with certificates, and a web based format, easy to use but doesn't break the bank.

Quomation makes 2 out of three on your list. It's a solid system and is affordable but unfortunately it's not web-based. Which is something they are hoping to have up in the very near future.

Back